Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: V4 No spell check? No way.

Quote Originally Posted by scottmcll View Post
    I have enjoyed using Xara for the last two versions and would like to continue to support the product, but having a major upgrade (V4) not include spell check makes my decision not to upgrade very easy. That little demo of the the liquid text feature looks really nice, but it's grossly overshadowed by the hassle of having to export my text just to spell check it in another app. Bad move Magix.

Scott
    I feel your pain. Xara has all of these great features and I was hoping for a program that could do it all. No spell checker is a show stopper! If I have to jump though hoops to get a word checked I might just as well do my work in CorelDraw or Photoshop.
    IP

Well, I can tell you that since that post, I have "gotten used" to typing in Xara, then copying and pasting into Word to check spelling, then copy>paste back into Xara. It's a pain, but I really like a lot of other things about the program, especially the new repel text feature.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by scottmcll View Post
    Well, I can tell you that since that post, I have "gotten used" to typing in Xara, then copying and pasting into Word to check spelling, then copy>paste back into Xara. It's a pain, but I really like a lot of other things about the program, especially the new repel text feature.
    I too was impressed with the repel and many other features. I was going to run Xera on Microshaft Winblows and Ubuntu. I was not planning on having Word installed in Linux Ubuntu. I was dreaming of the day that I could dump CS3 and Corel and get it all done in one app.
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

You could try tinyspell. It is available for free form www.tinyspell.com It checks your spelling as you type.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

Does Corel Draw or Photoshop have a spell checker ? To me Xtreme is for drawing and does not need to have a spell checker.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by a4hire View Post
    Does Corel Draw or Photoshop have a spell checker ? To me Xtreme is for drawing and does not need to have a spell checker.
    Yes CorelDraw does.

CorelDraw has a whole section of writing tools, not just confined to just a simple spell checker either. CD is commonly used for brochures and flyers, therefore it makes sense to add DTP writing assistants.
    I use Xtreme for flyers and quotes probably more than anything else, and I suspect I'm not alone at all there. This plus the addition of web site export features there is a strong case to make a spell checker available directly within the program.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CDX3WritingTools.png 
Views:	235 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	54310  
    IP

Photoshop also has a spell checker.
    IP

Right - and of course similarly included in Illustrator.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	illyspell.png 
Views:	222 
Size:	1.9 KB 
ID:	54312  
    IP

Patience guys, see this thread http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...=spell+checker where Charles Moir (Xara's CEO) says: "Spell check will be done one of these days."
    What more can you want?

Regards, Albert
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by akubbeng View Post
    Charles Moir (Xara's CEO) says: "Spell check will be done one of these days."
    What more can you want?
    Perhaps people want to make sure he doesn't forget?
    He made that comment 20 November 2006 - and there's been the release of Xtreme version 4 (and updates) since
    IP