Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hello
    A correction.
    the XaraCMYK export is on the bottom left and the Photoshop conversion is on the bottom right.

It has to be said that all these conversions are pretty generic UNLESS you have the proper CMYK printer profile.

It strikes me is that the printer was being lazy.
    He HAS the printer, SHOULD know its profile and SHOULD be able to use the RGB tiff to make a correct print.

The illustrator uses his tools to produce the best illustration and the printer uses his tools to make the best possible print from that illustration.

Mike Engles

It seems after some tests and considered investigation, rather than the reaction to the comments from an irrate printer about a particular job, that the image on some labels I had produced is the only image that is causing problems with cmyk export ffrom Xara.
    This image demonstrates very noticable colour shifts....Red to Green / Green to Blue etc which made the job unprintable.
    However, thankfully, it seems that it is that particular image, for reasons I don't understand that is effected and that others are perhaps not (though I still believe I can see an overall blue cast on the exports, but that might be my monitor or somesuch).
    Belive me I'm glad if this is the case as I didn't want Xara to be consigned to the also rans.
    I've attached another job that show to the world that cmyk export seems to be OK. I apologise for blaming Xara if the fault lies elsewhere, though I'd still like to know why this one image won't export correctly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsm_test.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	3451  

Hello

I do think that monitor calibration will remove one of the variables. At the moment Xarax does not use calibration.

Also you can see from the gradient example that the Photoshop CS CYMK has smmother transitions compared to Xarax, apart from the one from cyan to blue.

Mike Engles