Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: XARA's New Website! Celebration for v4

I have two problems with the new site:

Here at work (but not at home) the last two items in the main menu at the top of the page appear on a new line and are not styled like the rest because my default font/text size is a bit too big for it to fit.

The other is that the menu that appears for those items doesn't work for me because there's flash right under it. Under the loonix, flash always appears on top of everything else in the page, no matter what. So the menu goes behind the flash and I can't see most of the items. The same thing happens on some other websites, like the 3dConnexion one.

So technically the problems are my own fault. I was going to also mention that the way the login box is coded, firefox didn't ask me if I wanted to remember the password when I logged in yesterday morning to download the new version. Horrible for me and my poor memory. However when I tried it later it worked so I don't know if I was on the cusp of something there or firefox was being dumb.

On the whole I like the new site. The colors and the layout seemed intuitive to me. Well, I did have a problem finding the sign in link because it wasn't where it used to be, but that's just me being a cranky old man.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Um ... can anyone tell me if the dropdown menus that show when you "mouse over" some of the buttons on xara.com are a feature of Xara 4's new html export function.

I've found out how to do "mouseovers" but not sure about how to do the drop down menus..... unless they're pop ups?

Well, the xara.com is definitely not made with the html export feature.

However, you can create all kinds of multilevel dropdown menus with html export. And yes, you have to use pop-ups for this.

Here's a little technical demonstration of possible uses for pop-ups, including menus.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Here's a little technical demonstration of possible uses for pop-ups, including menus.

Hope this helps.
    Hi John,

thanks for the file! It already answered a few questions I had.

Regards, Albert

Yes, many thanks for that file ... it does answer a lot of questions.