Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default EPS Import Problems

Hello, I find this behaviour strange in XXP v. 3.2
    While importing this eps, Xara complains about invalid line/shape detected, but it manages to open the file anyway. Now if you print it in a non-postcript printer the red part gets deformed.

I wish Xara could have a better eps filter. I was amazed that several eps I can import even in MS Publisher or view in GhostView cannot be opened by Xara.
    Sorry if this is not the place to post possible bugs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: EPS Import Problems

First, the forum is a perfectly acceptable place to post about possible bugs.

Second, I've seen this eps error before. Do you know what app produced the pdf?

I sort of have the impression that it has to do with the originating application. IOW, only some EPSs produce these errors.

BTW, I've had a few that Xtreme wouldn't open at all or that seemed not to import. For those it won't open, I can usually export them from GhostView as pdf and import the pdf into Xtreme.

For those that produce no error message but seem to open to a blank canvas, look in two places. One is the Layer gallery. Sometimes, the layer holding the image is not marked as Visible. In some, I think I may also have seen a layer over the image that includes a white rectangle which hides what's underneath.

The second place to look is your Zoom level. The image components may have landed somewhere off the visible canvas. If so, you can zoom out until you see them. Then you can drag them into your desired work area.

Thank you for the suggestions for those error, like when I see just a blank, amoore. I happened to check that the eps was generated from Adobe Illustrator 8.0.

edu

So, in both our cases, the products were Adobe. For the one I looked at, I can't tell about the eps file itself, but the associated jpg was created in Photoshop CS3.

The best way to bring a vector file into Xara is via PDF. Xara 3.2 and beyond does a very excellent job with PDF files. If there is any way to convert your EPS file to PDF such as with the Nevia Converter you will have a better vector file to work with.