Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default X4 problem - New shapes being treated as photos

As this stands, this is only a request for the developers to take another look at the code that causes shapes to sometimes be treated as photos/bitmaps.

I have a drawing with several bitmaps in it that were drug in from Explorer. I did a lot of line tracings. Then I started to create shapes, and I was surprised when the first shape I drew didn't show up, but the nodes were visible. The status line showed something like "1 photo on layer X". After a lot of messing around, I finally got it drawing shapes again. Then I drug another bitmap in, and the next shape was again treated as a bitmap! I saved the drawing and reopened it, and it started off correctly drawing shapes again.

I tried to figure out a reproducible sequence that recreates this annoyance, but have been unsuccessful so far. Therefore, all I can do is ask for the developers to take another look at that portion of the code. I'll keep trying to find a reproducible means of recreating this, but I'm not guaranteeing success as I've already wasted 20 minutes on it.

David

Default Re: X4 problem - New shapes being treated as photos

A bitmap inside a shape will now be called a 'clipped photo' but in all other respects is just a shape with a bitmap fill. There should be nothing that does not work with these shapes, and they should remain completely editable.

If you turn the fill into a repeating tiled fill, then the status line will revert back to calling it a shape, not a clipped photo (on the basis that a tiling fill is much more likely to be a bitmap 'texture' filled shape than a 'clipped photo' if you see what I mean.).

If you can tie down a sequence of operations that does not do what you expect, please describe it.