Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: X4 'Panacea' Or 'Pan Of Something Else'?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fantastic! More than I could have wished for!

33 55.00%
  • Some nice minor improvments (was waiting for text underline)!

14 23.33%
  • Nothing new to tempt me!

2 3.33%
  • Disappointed (more bolt-on pointlessness, no new core vector tools)

11 18.33%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Default Re: X4 'Panacea' Or 'Pan Of Something Else' Poll?

I can't argue so good as all good-English-speaking guys, so just a few words.

I voted "Disappointed (more bolt-on pointlessness, no new core vector tools)".

I reviewed all improvements in v.4, Gary's tutorial and some treads here.

With all my respect to Xara team efforts and being a fan of Xara for 10 yrs (or even more), still a bit disappointed with v.4. Did I mention that I'm using Xara for making money? No? So, I do. I'm using Xara for about 99.9% of work time. It's a great design tool. But v.4 is getting me wondered where Xara is headed for... I'm really confused.

I know, Charles wrote detailed description what his team made in v.4 and yes, Xara team should be proud of this product, no doubts. And I proud too. But you know, for me, as for a user, those technical details aren't very important. I'm looking for advantages in the "making money" process. That means more "new" vector tools, more stability and more control over design.

Sorry for my grumbling... Xara is great! I just want more and nothing wouldn't "fix" my expectations )))
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

I am really surprised that stability comes up fairly often. I would have to say that Xara is far more stable than most of the software I use. After almost 10 years I don't think I have ever had a crash and certainly have never lost any work. If everything was as stable as Xara, I would be a very happy person. Well, happier - I'm already very happy.
    Reading your post, I have no idea why you are disappointed and what you would like to see added. So its hardly surprising that it is not what you wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikalele View Post
    I fail to see how improved snaps would make Xara another AutoCad clone.
    I don't think anyone is suggesting that it would. I was suggesting that it might be something that is beyond the resources of Xara and that for Xara's intended purpose, it is irrelevant as the current snap functionality is more than adequate. Improvements to this feature would be a very, very low priority for my needs [but I still wouldn't bitch and groan if they did something about it].

Hi alexbozhenov,

I really like the new version and purchased it right away. Several users have mentioned that they would like to see more vector tools but rarely say what they are looking for. I respect your decision, but what tools are you specifically looking for?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert H View Post
    Hi alexbozhenov,

I really like the new version and purchased it right away. Several users have mentioned that they would like to see more vector tools but rarely say what they are looking for. I respect your decision, but what tools are you specifically looking for?

Thanks.
    Hi Robert,

I really don't want to arise those 'wish-to-have' lists that were posted at this forum since Xara Xtreme Pro 3.2 was realized... I think Charles and Co. have them on list.

As for me, I didn't find any useful improvements in v.4 except better intersection and text flow. But I see a few changes/glitches that I don't like to have at all (which probably will be fixed). I mean, new version is too green to upgrade for...

Don't pay too much attention on me, I'm just grumbling -- had hope to see a few other things in v.4 than were realized.. ))))

Xara is still my best tool and I love it. Just want it to be perfect )))
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

Thanks for your reply alexbozhenov,

I too want Xara to be perfect, so when someone explains what tools they are seeking, I can judge if this is something that would suit me or not, that's why I ask.

I just saw this joke that goes something like this: "I don't know what I want but I want it now."

So when someone says that they did not get what they were looking for in this release, I'm always curious just what that is. Sometimes when I want something and start to articulate it in my head, I find that it is not that big a deal after all, other times like new galleries, I've wanted since I started using Xara.

Good luck alexbozhenov. Hope we all get what we want!

Quote Originally Posted by alexbozhenov View Post
    I really don't want to arise those 'wish-to-have' lists that were posted at this forum since Xara Xtreme Pro 3.2 was realized... I think Charles and Co. have them on list.
    Apart from your request to provide more options on the jpeg export dialog (text box for compression and turn off autopreview)

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...042#post228042

and the desire for better accuracy when intersecting shapes (which is in this release), I couldn't find any wish list items you've requested.

I'd encourage you to go ahead and post them here even if they're redundant. I suspect Xara is interested in all feedback, especially from someone with your abilities. Besides, I expect that the more often a request is made, the higher it goes in the priority of Xara's todo list for enhancements, assuming it fits with their overall vision for the product...

I'm know I'm interested in what vector tools y'all would like to see and how they would be utilized...

It would be nice if we had a copy of the wish list posted as a sticky so we would know if it has already been asked for.

Also some kind of check mark system for which items have already been implemented (Or which items may never be implemented and why) or are coming in the next release or so would be cool!
    ~ DanDaBear ~
    Some people think inside the box, Some people think outside the box, I think about the box

Guys, you're right, I have posted just a few wishes, but this doesn't mean I am not agree with many other requests were been made. So I can repeat, all I need were already mentioned by other guys.

P.S. Actually I didn't want to make any posts in this topic, just intended to vote )))

P.S.S. DanDaBear, yes, it will be very useful to see how the development guys want to meet users requests ))

For example:
    1. Mesh Tool
    2. Find/Replace menu for Lines and Fill colors (like in AI or CD)
    3. Some kind of "Live trace" tool (like "Live Paint Bucket" in AI)
    4. Export dialog improvements (Use Selected Objects only, ignore objects on any Invisible (hidden) layers.)
    5. 3D-plugin/Extrude similar to AI/CDR.
    6. Arrow heads/tails are not add some lenght to the line
    Last edited by alexbozhenov; 10 April 2008 at 05:59 AM.
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC