Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Default Re: Background tiles are supported in html export!

Long horizontal or tall vertical background tiles will work but note that Xtreme will automatically crop them on export to the page size. So if you have reason to have, say, a really wide one the tip would be to set your page width appropriately big. An example of when you'd do this is if you don't want to see the background tile repeat when displayed on really wide browser windows. Setting your page appropriately wide does not mean you have to design in the whole page width. You could still just build your design in, say, the first 800 or 1000 pixel width at the left of the page.

There is also nothing preventing a background tile from incorporating the look of buttons, frames, etc. -- After applying the tile (which can of course be created in Xtreme - even in the same document) you would then just locate your text or other design elements on the page as you wish. So in the case of a 'button' that appears in the background tile, you'd just put your text on top. Really just WYSIWYG stuff so it should all be very intuitive.

Regards, Ross

I see using and style sheet a better proposition than Xara but it is an easy fix Ross and I suppose, although I have not looked at it, the way the export filter handles the tile.

I agree what Remi states but again what 10 mins work and you would have the code tidied. Even that a fairly straight forward job for someone that has a small amount of knowledge of both style sheets and html. and that's me.

On Saturday and Sunday I knocked up two templates that were tomorrow jobs for charity groups and had the code tidied and the style sheets sorted to the way I wanted them in GoLive it save me a huge visit to ImageReady or assembling them in GoLive from images from AI. I think this is a big bonus to Xara and we should be positively promoting it.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I've tried another test with background tiles. This one less successful because I was hoping for absolute positioning (if that's the right description for it) relative to the background tiles.

The example is uploaded here.

The file has a repeating background tile and four graphic 'squares' that ideally would be positioned over the right parts of the repeating background tile. I attach a screenshot to show how it is intended to look. Trouble is the graphics don't align unless you adjust the width of your browser window accordingly.

This suggests it would be important for some designs to be able to specify that the graphics have a absolute position. Background tiles always tile from the top left corner so if the positioning of elements could be optionally 'locked' relative to that corner it could be handy.

I assume there is no workaround now except hacking the source code of the exported page. If anyone knows how to correct the problem please advise. Maybe in due course Xara could offer users the choice to 'fix' the positioning or leave it 'floating'.

Regards, Ross
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test-10-screenshot.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	47422