Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default x4 text editing is lagging too!?

I'm right now changing some numbers in a complex drawing and obviously editing text became slower with version 4. (i was using 3.0 before so i don't know if that was already there in 3.2)

Though i can't reproduce this is in a new file with only a little text in it, i can compare the original file in 3.0 and it's much more responsive there.

Default Re: x4 text editing is lagging too!?

If you have repel object in then things have to be slower to manage the repelling feature.

But old 3.0 files should be no slower if there's no repelling (well fractionally slower, so that you shouldn't notice). Please provide example files.

OK, i'm adding part of the file. I know this is not the typical Xara drawing, but this is not the point, the point is that the whole file is being handled much faster by 3.0 than in 4.0

F.e. select all and drag around - big difference!

The text delay doesn't seem to happen always though, but if you change some text here and there and you'll see what i mean.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mikalele, I tried with both versions 3.2 and 4.0, and didn't see any noticable difference dragging it round. It's possible however that there is a difference between 3.0 and 3.2.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I don't know about 3.2, i skipped that upgrade.

But what about the text delay?

For me it's very recognizable... it takes up to a second sometimes, changing some text. i can see the cursor moving instantly but the actual change of text lags.

We made a fix for the next release and now for me using v4 there is no noticeably slow down, if anything a slight speed up in v4.

I can't say about text editing because I'm not sure exactly what you mean. None of it seems slower to me (but again this might be the newer version I'm using).