Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

I have been working on this drawing on and off for some time now. I am going to use these tiles as artwork for the game room in my house. (Monopoly being the ultimate board game in my opinion.) As the finished artwork is to be large (8"x10" or so), the greater the detail in the drawings the better.

I've reached the point of diminishing returns on this project. The more I look at it the less I see. So I am looking for some suggestions on how to make it better. The tiles I am least satisfied with are; In Jail/Just Visiting, Luxury Tax, Community Chest.

The tiles don't have to be perfect (even the ones that I am satisfied with aren't perfect), I'm just looking to make them better.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Eric
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

I have been working on this drawing on and off for some time now. I am going to use these tiles as artwork for the game room in my house. (Monopoly being the ultimate board game in my opinion.) As the finished artwork is to be large (8"x10" or so), the greater the detail in the drawings the better.

I've reached the point of diminishing returns on this project. The more I look at it the less I see. So I am looking for some suggestions on how to make it better. The tiles I am least satisfied with are; In Jail/Just Visiting, Luxury Tax, Community Chest.

The tiles don't have to be perfect (even the ones that I am satisfied with aren't perfect), I'm just looking to make them better.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    My Club. My Album.

Hi Eric,

Here's a suggestion for the Jail/Just Visiting tile.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

You see. This is exactly what I mean about looking at a project for too long. I couldn't see the forest because of all the trees.

John,

I have been doing the tracing thing (for about 3 or 4 of the tiles that I couldn't draw freehand) but I've been doing it with a pic I got off of the web which is very low res. I never even thought of taking my own picture at a higher resolution to be able to trace better. Thanks John, for pointing out the obvious.

Bill,

Nice work. However I am going after something that is true to the original. Thanks for the reply though.

Cheers,
    Eric
    My Club. My Album.