Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: size

Why does the size change after I have entered correct w/height? I make sure I put '00' after the decimal point.

Why does the size change after I have entered correct w/height? I make sure I put '00' after the decimal point.

Maybe it's because you use the anti aliasing?

Greets,
    Frits
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Could it be the line width? The size of a rectangle doesn't include the line width.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

Are both width and height changing, or only one of them?

If both are changing, it's probably outline width.

If only one of the two is changing, look at the Lock Aspect Ratio icon (the padlock beside the size fields). If the icon is depressed, the lock is on and Xara will recalculate the size to maintain the original ratio. IOW, if you change the width, Xara will change the height, and vice versa.

The size displayed in the selector tool does take in to account the line width IF the scale line width button is depressed (it is the one on the far right).

For various very complicated reasons it can be necessary to set the dimension of something more than once to get it to reflect the right size. This is largely because it is very difficult to predict the actual bounding size of an object when you alter the path of an object, things like mitre joins and non-aspect ratio locking while scaling line widths cause problems. We scale line widths dependent on only changes in one dimension.

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd

Geez! It was so simple."Scale line widths" solved it.Thank you.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]