Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Default Re: x4 zoom in/out slower

Thanks, Xhris!!!!!
    -=Bob=-

Another slow zoom file. This one takes my machine way more time than the ones already posted (as in orders of magnitude), but when you play with it, the reason should be obvious.
    Attached Files Attached Files

David, for me, your file zooms in to max and out to min as fast as any using the legacy mouse table posted by PhilM so-long-as under Options>Effects & Plugins>Effects is locked by default with a live effect resolution of 96dpi.

However:
    If I change the dpi to auto (variabe dpi) your file lags a little when nearing maxmim zooms.
    If I also uncheck New Effects Locked by default, your file lags even more so when zooming up/in.

I highly doubt that the last zoom-in redraw is as fast as the previous ones.

Everything you can see in this file is explained in post 70. The time between scroll-zoom steps is constant but at its maximum before cut-off. The time to redraw at 25601% is large because it is calculating an effective feather of something huge and thus rendering many huge bitmaps, but this has nothing to do with scroll-wheel zooming. It's actually a really a good example of something Xara can do that no other software can, nor anywhere near as fast.
    Last edited by Xhris; 26 April 2008 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David O'Neil View Post
    I highly doubt that the last zoom-in redraw is as fast as the previous ones.
    hi david - tried your file and its fast on the reg-patched 4.0 and my 3.02 version.

bb,

FLy