Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Fill Gallery needs fixed (ver 4)

only trying to help by confirming that I [like others] do not have a problem with the xxp4 - it works as it should for me

it is an observation and a statement of what I tested - not a directive

sorry about the lapse off topic, I'm not convinced that distracted Charles, but it might have
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Further:

again, sorry if my post appeared to ignore what you said in the OP

I re-posted to confirm that I had now tested it on xtreme 4 as well as xtreme pro 4 - sledger also did this and beat me to it - but the principle is the same

I do not have hands on your machine, so can only confirm either same experience as you, or as in this case state as precisely as possible what my experience was

As for whether you have a corrupt copy - yes that is possible - but not possible to confirm

Nothing lasts forever...

I get it working differently on two machines:

At home: if the object is drawn but not selected then the fill is placed as a bitmap on the page.

At the office: if the object is drawn but not selected then the object is filled as expected.

Seems bizarre to get them working two different ways - Must check this behaviour out again when I return home
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

that is interesting Keith
    Nothing lasts forever...

Im not sure I explained that correctly - When I said drawn and filled, I mean't immediately so that the object still had focus of course.
    Keith
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

one of the joys of beta versions - they can throw up this sort of thing
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Judi A View Post
    IF you re-read my original post you will note I stated that the object I wanted filled was selected, and that I did press the fill button.

Maybe I have a corrupt copy of the program?

Judi
    P.S. oh thanks a lot guys for changing the subject to gradient fills, so that Charles Moir thought that is what this thread was about.
    You sound a little miffed Judi, but everyone is keen to help and are excited about the new features so it's easy to become a little side-tracked.
    However did you read the preceding posts #3 / #7 / #8 & #11 which I believe helps answer your OP?

If this still does not work for you, then yes, you may need to uninstall Xtreme4, redownload and reinstall.

Please let us know how this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    I get it working differently on two machines: At home: if the object is drawn but not selected then the fill is placed as a bitmap on the page. At the office: if the object is drawn but not selected then the object is filled as expected........
    Wouldn't you believe it ..... The home machine now seems to work the same as the office machine .... must have been having a senile moment yesterday. Sorry to have bothered you.
    Keith