Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Fill Gallery needs fixed (ver 4)

Hold 'ctrl' when you press [background] - or 'ctrl+drag' the fill to the page.

Not sure this is a bug as it's been like this for earlier versions.
    Checking the help file doesn't mention using the Ctrl key, so maybe this needs bringing up.

As I mentioned, this works fine in the bitmap gallery. I would have expected it to work better in the fill gallery than the bitmap gallery if anything. but thanks for the tip using CTRL though.
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 31 March 2008 at 04:31 PM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Oh, I almost thought they added a gradient fill gallery when I read this topic, but it's just the same old bitmap fill gallery, right?

They haven't added any way to save gradient fills?
    Art should tell a story. Don't paint a moment, paint a lifetime.

Hi Eobet

have a look at live effect tool/ color filter/ color with gradient - not had a chance to check it out that well yet, so it may or may not help
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Steve I have been trying away at your suggestion and I am finding hard to get the effects that I want and there is no real help in this area. With all of these filters I suppose I should look up the Magic help files from the old version and see if I can get a better colour gradient faster.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Peter

The color with gradient seems less than intuitive - I have been concentrating on art filter and deformation filter which I can see immediate use for

But its next on the list - never bothered with Magix up to now - like you say worth digging out
    Nothing lasts forever...

Part of the reasons we do not have fill style galleries is that in practice it's rare that any existing graduated fill style is exactly what you need for another shape (i.e. the feature is not that useful), and secondly it's trivially easy to get the same effect via copy / paste attributes. So if you really want a gallery of saved styles, just create a document with loads of small rectangles, give them all the fill styles you want.

To copy the style, just click on source object, copy - click on destination, and Ctr+Shift+A. Perhaps a bit of pain being in another document (but that's just two key presses away). But what I sometimes do (for text styles) is have the styles I want to use in the pasteboard area, and use the same copy / paste trick.

Not a perfect solution, and one day we may add a real style gallery, but a good enough work around that means this feature comes lower down the wish-list than many others.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir View Post
    ...Perhaps a bit of pain being in another document...
    Is a tabbed document interface a la the Linux version in the wishlist queue???

Peter - the new filters issue[s] off topic for this thread so carrying on here:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...843#post248843
    Nothing lasts forever...

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Judi - I have checked xtreme standard 4 as well as pro 4 and it is the same with both on my machine

as long as an object is selected, then choosing a fill in the fill gallery and pressing the fill button fills the selected object

Steve beat me to it
    IF you re-read my original post you will note I stated that the object I wanted filled was selected, and that I did press the fill button.

Maybe I have a corrupt copy of the program?

Judi
    P.S. oh thanks a lot guys for changing the subject to gradient fills, so that Charles Moir thought that is what this thread was about.