Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Re: Xara Xtreme Pro Version 4 - Issue List

No plans to split the forum into subforums, e. g. (Issues, Wishlist, How-to, Design, General, ...)?

Default Re: Splitting the Xtreme and Xtreme Pro forum

There are no plans as far as I know.

The forum should be able to cope with any and all of those topics?

Risto

<The original post was split from a bug-related thread>

This is a question asked on occasion. Now answered (sort of)...

Please post here (or PM any moderator) if you have ideas for designated forums - it will be looked at!

Risto

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

One argument against splitting into lots of focused subforums is it distributes the forum activity thinner and can give the impression that the community is less vibrant than it is. Already some subforums get very little activity. Perhaps visitors who stumble upon them are moving on in search of more active forums.

One split I've been thinking might be helpful is to create a subforum relating to making websites with XXP4 - just as there is a 'Xtreme Flash' subforum. Doing so might help us share techniques and ideas.

Regards, Ross

Splitting is not necessity, of course, but it would bring much more clarity. Issues and Wishlist could be, I guess, useful for the Xara team. Then there are probably users who only wish to browse for how-to tips and some that need help or critique regarding their designs. Splitting is general practice on many forums, one example is typophile.com

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Josie, don't get me wrong. I understand the value in what you are suggesting - I'm just noting that there are reasons why we tread carefully.

Aren't we are already much more split up than that site's forums? There are currently 28 forum/subforums here at Talkgraphics.com.

Regards, Ross
    Last edited by Ross Macintosh; 30 March 2008 at 02:48 PM. Reason: clarification added

I'd vote against splitting cause it fragments the information. I'd have to check several boards for one program while I'd rather have all information in 1 board.
    Besides, fragmentation of the boards can easily lead to dead boards that get 1 thread per month or so. If the Xtreme forum were so crowded that after 24 hours of not visiting, there would be over 1 page of threads with new replies, splitting the board would seem more logical

For me, the current organization of the forums seems fine. When I encounter a lengthy thread that doesn´t interest me, I browse through quickly in little time. When I find something of interest, I read every comment.

If someone is in the XXP forum and posts a thread titled, for example, "problems/issues with (whatever)," that seems clear enough if the thread is of interest. It´s the same if the thread is titled, "How do I . . ."

Just my opinion.

One split I've been thinking might be helpful is to create a subforum relating to making websites with XXP4 - just as there is a 'Xtreme Flash' subforum. Doing so might help us share techniques and ideas.
    I think there may be some merit in this suggestion Ross. As it's a whole new feature of XXP perhaps it's worth considering a forum just for this. Anyone else have opinions on Ross's idea?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Sounds reasonable.