Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: text problem

Default Re: text problem

Steve,
    Sorry-It is a NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX/MX400. In the NVIDIA site it appears to use driver series 93.71_forceware.... which I downloaded and installed. Though I believe I already had that installed anyway.

I am currently running at 1280x1024 (true colour) and screen refresh rate 60 hertz.

Erik

that sounds right to me - thought it worth checking in light of what Tao had said

I usually disable anti virus when installing graphics drivers - its one area where problems can arise
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Are you using Windows 2000 ?

There are some reported issues with Xtreme4 and W2K which you may be also seeing.

Yes. I'm using win2000 and yes I disabled my anti-virus software before reinstalling the graphics drivers.

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by EJ View Post
    Yes. I'm using win2000 and yes I disabled my anti-virus software before reinstalling the graphics drivers.

Erik
    I think the graphics drivers are a red herring. What you see is simply a user interface problem with some dropdown lists - they are set to zero height on Windows2000. I changed the dropdown list sizing code for Xtreme 4 to make use of features provided by WinXP and later. The code was meant to work as before on earlier systems but apparently it does not.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by wuerthne View Post
    What you see is simply a user interface problem with some dropdown lists - they are set to zero height on Windows2000. I changed the dropdown list sizing code for Xtreme 4 to make use of features provided by WinXP and later. The code was meant to work as before on earlier systems but apparently it does not.
    OK, this has been fixed, so you should find it working in the next release.

Martin