Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: web page x4

Default web page x4

Such a good upgrade...just mucking around with the export to web and whatever color you make the main page will be your background color in browser. This is very handy tool, xara worked out all the compression for the image etc and opened in dreamweaver with no trouble....tj
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thumbs up Re: web page x4

Hi Tao, your example webpage persuades me to buy version 4
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa

Default Re: web page x4

Hi Marcia, the thing is I did that page in about 2 mins...it is not very artistic I just wanted to check the function out. There are a few things that make X4 a very worthy upgrade...regards tao

Charles & Co have been quite ingenious about laying out the page text so that it
    can flow (visually) around other objects on the page. Clever idea to separate the flowing text into different divs so that it can maintain the flowing appearance.

Usually if I were using Xara for a quick and dirty web page i'd just use an image, so I guess this is rather a better start.

I've been rather reticent to use absolute positioning of elements for real web pages though (with some exceptions).

Paul

I could easily see Xara/Graphix with a little more time and effort spin this off as a web application. I have been a NetObjects Fusion user for a long long time because of the WYSIWYG page layout and ease of use capability. But since NetObjects was saved from bankrupcy several years ago by WebSite Pros, it has gone down hill in customer support. Basically it's their way or the highway. Or (he trembles visibly) Dreamweaver.

I think there is a real market here.

www.minimiro.com

cost me around one night with Xtreme 4 :-D

its only a part from final release... but now I can to create my webpages by my self how exactly I want and direct from Xara, no programmers needed for this stuff ...

one of bigest updates for me from the time when Xara added CMYK suport
    [A]bort? [R]etry? or [S]elf distruct

minimiro.com

simple straightforward no programming needed - it looks good to me
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Paul,

I must say it's not so clever, that there are tons of <span> tags in the generated HTML code. There is a better approach available in order to let text flow around images:
    Sliced and Diced Sandbags

Remi

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    Hi Paul,

I must say it's not so clever, that there are tons of <span> tags in the generated HTML code. There is a better approach available in order to let text flow around images:
    Sliced and Diced Sandbags

Remi
    You're being harsh Remi. While it might be technically better to flow text in the manner that you link to, it's no doubt a lot harder to program for a general web page layout taken from a graphic layout.

I agree that if text flows were being done by a human, the Xara approach wouldn't be taken. The big difference here is that Xara are relying on absolute graphic placement and overlaying of elements, each taken in isolation, rather than attempting to predict CSS flow behaviour.

With the approach taken by Xara it's as close to wysiwyg that they can get (pretty darn close).

Paul

No, I'm not harsh. I've looked at the generated HTML code and tried to change it with a texteditor. It's not possible with the used approach - that's all.

It's also not recommendable to split sentences in this way in a HTML code, in order to please search engines.

But I agree with you, that the current HTML export is pretty close to WYSIWYG.

Remi
    Last edited by remi; 28 March 2008 at 01:18 PM.