Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy can't undo anything in psp x, please help! =S

I just got Paintshop Pro X, and it's working well except for the fact that I can't undo anything. I've tried ctrl + z, ctrl + backspace, and going to edit > undo, but absolutely nothing works. The history palette is confusing and i've never used it, i prefer just going ctrl + z, and it worked on my old computer, but now that I have a new one it doesn't. If you have any comments or suggestions, anything is appreciated. Thanks
    IP

Default Re: can't undo anything in psp x, please help! =S

Welcome to the forums. Please check your Undo option under the preferences to make sure it didn't get turned off. Ctrl + z should work. Go to File -> Preferences -> General Preferences then click the Undo tab.
    Joe
    IP

Hi euphoriaisdead,

Here is a flash movie on using history in Paint Shop Pro:
    http://paintshoppro.info/tutorials/history.htm

Hope this helps
    IP

I've clicked the Undo tab in the preferences, however it hasn't made any difference. Ctrl + z still doesn't work :S
    And thank you for the history video, much appreciated
    IP

Sounds like something is corrupted then. Please try uninstalling then re-install. If that doesn't work then maybe your install disk is corrupt. Should contact either Corel or the company where you purchased the program.
    Joe
    IP

Is it possible to re-install without the disc? I've moved house twice since I got PSPX, and it's somehow managed to get lost
    IP

Instead of re-installing, try resetting the preferences first. Just go to File - Preferences - Reset Preferences.
    IP

I've tried that, it still doesn't work =S
    Even if I go through the History Palette, i can't undo, only hide.
    IP

Something else to try is Going to Customize >keyboard and clicking reset all To reset your keyboard shortcuts In case they have some how got messed up
    IP

Thank you, I tried that however it still hasn't worked. When I got my new computer I used (well, my brother did it) the same disc and almost everything is the same, but I can't Undo/Redo and when I highlight something + right click (used to get rid of the highlighted area) it now just goes to a new promoted section layer -- if you know how to fix that let me know too....
    This is a screenshot of my psp --
    http://i32.tinypic.com/2n8mmw8.jpg
    I've started with a new image + added a raster layer + painted a bit on it, but the Undo button is unclickable.
    Thank you everyone for all your suggestions as well, all help is much appreciated
    IP