Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: Xara Xtreme Pro Version 4 - Issue List

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Underlined text is nice, but I'd prefer to be able to have bold and italic text back!
    Well, Tahoma does not have a BoldItalic variant. On my system, Tahoma does not even have an Italic variant. So, this is not Xtreme's fault but your font's.

In pre-4.0 versions, Xtreme asked Windows to synthesize bold or italic variants that were not available, but the results of artificially emboldening/italicizing a font are not great and one would also assume that the designer of the font must have had a reason for not offering these variants. Synthesized variants cannot be exported to PDF either, so it was decided to remove them altogether. In Xtreme 4 you can use all the variants that the font provides (you can find them in the font's submenu) and instead of synthesizing a low quality substitute for variants that are not available you now get a warning.

Martin (responsible for Xtreme's font and text handling)

Drawings no longer remember the last line and fill settings when you save them and reopen them. In 3.0.2 you could be drawing in blue lines when you saved and closed a drawing, and when you reopened it, it would again start drawing in blue lines with the last-used width. Filled objects defaulted to the last fill type and color, but not in this beta.

Quote Originally Posted by wuerthne View Post

In pre-4.0 versions, Xtreme asked Windows to synthesize bold or italic variants that were not available, but the results of artificially emboldening/italicizing a font are not great and one would also assume that the designer of the font must have had a reason for not offering these variants. Synthesized variants cannot be exported to PDF either, so it was decided to remove them altogether. In Xtreme 4 you can use all the variants that the font provides (you can find them in the font's submenu) and instead of synthesizing a low quality substitute for variants that are not available you now get a warning.
    Yes and these synthesized fonts also cannot be reproduced in PDF export, so you wouldn't get a WYWIWYG output.

Quote Originally Posted by wuerthne View Post
    I have just fixed the problem, so it will be OK in the next release (in the next couple of days).

Martin
    Wow that's fast...orz

Weird. Minimized Firefox with 4.0 beta below it. Had a line selected, but a quick test found that I could have a blank document and get the same error. Immediately after FF minimizes, move the mouse scroller to scroll the page up or down. This immediately comes up:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Example.png 
Views:	270 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	47071  

Ok, I believe I've found a BUG with the Repel Text and Transparency Tool.

If I apply a transparency to an object or bitmap that is using Repel Text, the text flows into the object. If you move the object, the Repelling of the text works somewhat as it should. I say somewhat because as you move the object around text pops in and out of the Object or Bitmap you have Repel Text on. The text that pops into the object seems to appear where the object is completely transparent.

Strange behavior.

See the attached image.

Name:	TransparentBug.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	47072  
    Last edited by RedWombat; 28 March 2008 at 04:46 PM.

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?

It didn't work for me at first. I found I need todraw the linethat indicates text line width, then type. Plus Make sure that the text is behind the object repelling.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Quote Originally Posted by RedWombat View Post
    Ok, I believe I've found a BUG with the Repel Text and Transparency Tool.

If I apply a transparency to an object or bitmap that is using Repel Text, the text flows into the object. If you move the object, the Repelling of the text works somewhat as it should. I say somewhat because as you move the object around text pops in and out of the Object or Bitmap you have Repel Text on. The text that pops into the object seems to appear where the object is completely transparent.

Strange behavior.

See the attached image.
    This seems to be a bug. I can replicate it. Basically the problem is that text flows over the transparent part of an object with repel applied.
    Applying a 100% flat transparency simply makes the text cover the entire shape as if it´s not there anymore.

http://mboto.planetaclix.pt/talkgraphics/repelbug.jpg
    Last edited by MEB; 28 March 2008 at 05:13 PM.

David, can you clarify what you mean by this
    Is it possible to increase the combo box height's in the 'Options -> Effects & Plugins -> Effects section' (and any others throughout the program where the combo box only gives one or two selections, and the 'up/down' arrows appear to give access to the other selections)?
    You should always see a full list in all combo boxes. This is what I see in the effects dialog. Oh and what OS are you using. Win2K by any chance?

Name:	options.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	47073  

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir View Post
    David, can you clarify what you mean by ...
    I get the following on my system. The default live effects resolution only shows 3 of the 5 options, so I have to scroll that also. Thinking about it, it is probably linked to the fact that I have my system set at 120 dpi.

Yes, Win2k.

Name:	Example.png 
Views:	268 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	47075