Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Xtreme Pro Version 4 - Issue List

Transparency is no longer held as a 'current' attribute, so if you change an object's transparency to non-0, the next item you draw will still have 0 as a transparency value. (And yes, the 'give new objects current attributes' is checked.)

Is it possible to increase the combo box height's in the 'Options -> Effects & Plugins -> Effects section' (and any others throughout the program where the combo box only gives one or two selections, and the 'up/down' arrows appear to give access to the other selections)? It's very annoying, and has been present back to at least 3.0.

Andrew did you have the graphic and the text selected when you set the "Repel Text"?

Select only the image and set Repel Text. Also the text must be in a Text Area. Use the Text Tool to Drag an area like a column for text.
    Last edited by Soquili; 28 March 2008 at 03:21 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Also, is it possible to take the 'line/object' separation a little further, and remember if the last object was outlined or not prior to the last, just-drawn line?

For clarity, if your drawing calls for creating all shapes without an outline, and you draw a line, the next closed shape reverts to outlined. And even with this annoyance, your change was a great improvement, I'm just asking if it can be honed a little more. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by David O'Neil View Post
    Transparency is no longer held as a 'current' attribute, so if you change an object's transparency to non-0, the next item you draw will still have 0 as a transparency value. (And yes, the 'give new objects current attributes' is checked.)
    hasn't it been like that for a while ? - something to do with grouped transparencies? - I have to go back to xtreme 2 to make that work
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

OK, now the repelling works. Don't know what I was doing wrong.
    Thanks for your help!
    - Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    hasn't it been like that for a while ? - something to do with grouped transparencies? - I have to go back to xtreme 2 to make that work
    It works in 3.0.2 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by wall View Post
    I have to switch it back to 96 DPI, otherwise the repel works just as crooked as your screenshot shows.

I do hope repel can work correctly in different system display settings in the future.
    I have just fixed the problem, so it will be OK in the next release (in the next couple of days).

Martin

ok david don't have that version - it dosn't work in my xxp3.2.4
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you Martin.

I know of no other software company that provides the support and feedback that Xara Ltd and the wonderful development team.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

This is a small thing - I've just noticed it in XXV4 but I think it's present in earlier versions.

I sometimes use a layer to collect assets and have bitmaps on a layer outside the page boundary.

When exporting (say a jpg), there are three options for bitmap size - drawing/selection/page . If page is clicked the bitmap size is not reset to be the size of the page, however, clicking out of the tab then returning again, sees the bitmap size then changed to reflect the page size.

So to export to the size of the page requires selecting 'page', leaving the tab then returning to the tab.

Paul