Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Xtreme Pro Version 4 - Issue List

Quote Originally Posted by David O'Neil View Post
    - In 3.0 you could left-click the feathering button, and immediately drag to change the feathering amount. The slider isn't automatically given focus in 4.0, so you have to first move the mouse over the slider window, after which you can move the slider via the mouse. I don't know if this is a bug or a changed functionality.
    Yes, I'd not noticed this until you pointed it out.
    Perhaps a result of the developer tidying up the hotspot which activates the control?

Quote Originally Posted by David O'Neil View Post
    Open color editor. Create a linear filled object. Click on a fill node. In 3.0 doing so would automatically set color editor to edit that node color. It doesn't do that, and you have to use the dropdown box. And since you only have 'local start color' and 'local end color' boxes available, you can't edit any added middle node's color. (You can 'pick' a new color for the node using the color picker, but who wants to all the time?)
    In Xtreme4 on Vista Ultimate David, following the above, clicking on the fill nodes automatically selects the local start or local end appropriately in the open colour editor for me.
    Any added middle nodes don't appear in the dropdown as you point out, but neither do they in version 3.2.4 on my system?

1) Xtreme Pro 4 crashes while booting / long load times...

After selecting continue trial, windows comes with a not responding error.
    After waiting, Xara boots but takes far more time than normal.

Installed on Vista 32 bit.

2) Browsing fonts still eats CPU, but maybe that is normal?
    Last edited by RickX; 28 March 2008 at 08:24 AM.

point 3)
    use options/view tab - right click on color
    set to set line color

this should work
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Y
    Any added middle nodes don't appear in the dropdown as you point out, but neither do they in version 3.2.4 on my system?
    There is the change in that xxp3 has fill colour in the drop down, which would reflect whichever node was selected in the ramp - xxp4 does not do this now because it has local startcolour and local end colour in the dropdown instead - but the editor does work on the node selected

XP home
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    point 3)
    use options/view tab - right click on color
    set to set line color

this should work

yes, stupid overlooked it, removed it, thanks... .

Just downloaded and purchased Xara4pro and first impressions are very positive. Text wrapping and the font preview in the drop down list are very welcome though I'm a bit disappointed that there is still no facility to automatically add leaders to tabbed text, I know we can't all have everything we would like but as someone who designs a fair number of menus for various restaurants this would be a very welcome addition at some point in a future upgrade to make life a bit simpler.
    3d in the main program is a useful add on for occasional use as is the photo tool which seems to work so much better than XPE ever did and the extra Live Effects are a welcome addition.
    I would have liked to see the ability to adjust linear transparency along the path as you can adjust and add colour along a linear fill, again something for another time perhaps. If we are given everything all at once there’s nothing to look forward too.
    Best thing is that so far I've found no bugs though I suspect they will mostly appear for Vista users.
    Going to see if I can construct a small web site now and so be able to drop Front Page.
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    There is the change in that xxp3 has fill colour in the drop down, which would reflect whichever node was selected in the ramp - xxp4 does not do this now because it has local startcolour and local end colour in the dropdown instead - but the editor does work on the node selected

XP home
    The change has only been the nomenclature , the actions and results are the same as v3.2

Ilike a lot the new features, but the text repelling doesn't work correctly for me.

(DELL Precision M90 laptop, Centrino Duo 3.2 Ghz, NVidia Quadro FX 2500 video card)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	erreurtexte.png 
Views:	293 
Size:	129.7 KB 
ID:	47046  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ivan louette; 28 March 2008 at 09:42 AM.

This is what I see when I opened your file in Xtreme4.
    Though your .xar thumbnail (a small embedded .gif) shows the same as your screenshot.

Which operating system are you using?

Name:	fine.png 
Views:	279 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	47048  

when I double click to open a saved xar file I am getting a truncated file name
    see the screen shot

this does not seem to happen if i reopen file from within xara the file opens with file name 'star shape' correct [space is in the file name]
    I do not recall this happening with xxp3

XP home SP2
    intel core 2

Quote sledger [re color editor]:
    The change has only been the nomenclature , the actions and results are the same as v3.2

You know, I rather think that was the point I was making

Name:	file name.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	47049  
    Nothing lasts forever...