Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3d extrude tool

Default Re: Xara Xtreme verison 4

3d extrude tool.... xara 3d integrated with xxp? That would be lovely.

I used Xara Xtreme to manually make panaramas and really liked the result. When I have used software to do it automatically I have not always been satisfied...should be interesting...

Looking forward to testing out the software! Skipped last upgrade in anticipation of the next and THIS ONE has some features that combined with the last one, will be WORTH the upgrade for me (from 3.0.2 to 3.4 is only $77!) Especially for the clipped flash export, color line changes, font preview and text flow capabilities!!!
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Default Re: Xara Xtreme verison 4

The first time you extrude a shape from a flat 2D object into a 3D one is a special Xara moment. The repelling text is very slick, and how fast is the photo tool on huge photos?! I'm really glad that photos reduced in size are bi-cubic resampled in very high quality mode; you can see a much better result on screen--especially if it's a bitmap of text. I'd also like to nod at PDF import improvements; many more PDF files are capable of being imported into Xara accurately now in this version. Sometimes even better than AI imports them.

Default Re: 3d extrude tool

yes it looks like we wont have much need for Xara 3D anymore.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by a4hire View Post
    yes it looks like we wont have much need for Xara 3D anymore.
    Well actually, that's not quite the case yet. You can't seem to produce the animated effects (static ones) with the extrude tool. For example, applying a swing animation in X3D and altering the time line so the animation frame is different can produce many different positioning effects. The extrude tool can't do this stuff (yet?).

Incidentally, single core X3D performs better than the dual core extrude tool; I suspect there is additional overhead though in the additional complexity involved in extruding objects in Xara where there is more to consider than in the relatively simple environment of X3D.
    Last edited by Xhris; 27 March 2008 at 08:37 PM.

yep it is lovely, but can we export it to x3d, when we made it in XXP4?
    But this is what I did so far, when I have enough free spendable
    money I will certainly upgrade.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beehive.png 
Views:	277 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	47029  
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Quote Originally Posted by ankhor View Post
    ...but can we export it to x3d, when we made it in XXP4?...
    It's a shame there's a bit of a lack of interchangeability between X3D and the extrude tool. There probably wasn't enough time to get that in Xara 4. You can only have one object in X3D at once as well.

Thumbs up Re: 3d extrude tool

Ok.. I have had stand alone Xara 3d6 for a long time now. Been impressed with what it can do (especially in SKILLED hands not mine!).

I found the simplicity of that program has been added to the new XXP4. Though limited to certain functions, the ability to extrude directly in XXP is terrific!

As a test, I took a clip art provided by Xara and applied a bit of 3d to it. This change took me about 3 minutes. Really like the ability to take grouped items and apply lights and create depth to parts of the image without having to export pieces to 3d6. VERY EASY. And SO QUICK. LOVE this function and see many purposes for it. Thanks XARA!

This feature alone...Worth the upgrade! Worth the purchase of the program if you don't own an earlier version! Can't wait to get more into the changes since my 3.0 (color line is confusing to me now, will need to read more about that!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redivy-3d.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	47039  
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

The Release Notes state:

"You can use any photo or texture on the face of your extrude. Either import your image and extrude it as described above, or drag and drop an image onto the face of an existing extrude with the Shift key held down. This applies your photo or texture to the face of the extrude object."

I can't get the drag and drop part to work? Anyone clarify this for me?

thx..

Hi Steven,

Where are you dragging from?

Using Windows Explorer and dragging an image from My Pictures works on my computer.

Dragging from the Clipart Gallery does not work on my computer.
    Last edited by Soquili; 28 March 2008 at 12:40 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

dragging from the bitmap gallery appears to work....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...