Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Xtreme verison 4

This is a very good upgrade imo. I'll probably buy the new version
    Thanks for fixing the intersect bug. Boolean operations now work perfectly

Among other useful features/fixes, the extrude feature is the best IMO.
    About this tool: might I suggest you use a different cursor icon to indicate rotation? Currently the cursor looks like it will pan the shape instead of rotate it. I believe that in most 3D editing programs, that icon is used for panning and a different icon for rotating objects.

There have been some pretty strong negative opinions stated for a version that included so many upgrades - I'm surprised. Even though this version didn't have my desired multi-sided moulds, I sprang for the upgrade. Thanks, Xara.

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

Arrow Re: Xara Xtreme verison 4

Quote Originally Posted by mikalele View Post
    Very good ideas man! Brushes need some upgrades!

And undo saving even to a huge file would be amazing!

As far as a new set of icons goes - i think it would be better to look for a less ridiculous name to make a more professional impression. XaraXtremePro, come on...
    Yes. first impression it´s everything, maybe xara needs a more professional look and fell, they have artowrk and illustrations to make that, maybe they need more graphic design adn some editorial design samples, no mere illustratios because they have amazing illustrations, the users make some professional graphic design and illustrations, even websites, and editorial design (not really sure about the last).

between us I have graphic design make with xara, and another illustrations, but i don´t use to post or show the work for my clients, i just post and share my personal work.

If you use xara, you will never change to corel or illustration, but how many people knows xara xtreme?. how much schools learn xara xtreme?

Maybe we are hard with the xara team because they are making the best. maybe they need to open a section in the forum with a wishlist.

They should focus in the tools and not in xpe i think, maybe it´s better if they make xpe freeware and not a plug-in for xara xtreme, the program need a more professional first impression.

they want photo editing, flash animation support - but this two not reflect a professional impression xara must be only a vectorial design software not a all in one software. With the samples in flash animation xara looks poor, it´s better without this for me.

they not have to research, they have to take a look how adobe do it, becnhmarking it´s good.
    Last edited by Josè Campoy.; 02 April 2008 at 05:40 PM.
    I can't stop of working.. I will have the eternity to rest
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.

Quote Originally Posted by Josè Campoy. View Post
    ......... xara must be only a vectorial design software not a all in one software.
    I must disagree (although I'm not a professional) but to my mind a really good all in one graphic design programme (regardless of bitmap or vector) that will produce output - and really the final output is all that matters - for the web, print or any other medium that you like has to be good.

Most of us switch between applications to achieve what we want, and "sometimes" they don't play nice with each other. The less I have to switch between different applications the better.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    I must disagree (although I'm not a professional) but to my mind a really good all in one graphic design programme (regardless of bitmap or vector) that will produce output - and really the final output is all that matters - for the web, print or any other medium that you like has to be good.

Most of us switch between applications to achieve what we want, and "sometimes" they don't play nice with each other. The less I have to switch between different applications the better.

Yes, but is better to swith into different aplications somethimes, for example, you are making a magazine, you nedd to have a tempate for the pages, with bleed kerling special page measures, etc. you can´t edit the photos with xxp, ok maybe you can but is better and easy in photoshop, and you need some vectorials illustrations and logos, and you compose the magazine with indesing for example, at the end you need to import everythign to indesing, the asp and the ai tiff or eps files.
    i mean professional and big projects

thats the point for example, animation flash, photos photoshop magaznes quark xpress, vector illustrator(most commun but no so good as xara is)

xara xtreme has flash animation, and photo editting, in my point of view they shold be focus into vectors, because they are so far the best in performance productivity and on screen quiality.

So for a professioanl designer tis i´ts not so important in xara, but they may be surprised working with vectors. illustrator and corel are just a waste of resources and disk space when are compared wit xtreme.

i don´t need to change between aplications to have good results i make everithing in xara, but not all people can, and they learn flahs in the schools for animation for example, they not see the xara flash export as good, they have al the technical issues for a newspaper in the indesign or quark, and they always learn photoshop.

This is my point of view, everyone have their own vision.
    at the end charles have the last decision (he is the expert).
    Last edited by Josè Campoy.; 02 April 2008 at 09:29 PM.
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.

Some humour.... from all the comments on X4 both positive and negative.
    You would need a truck the size of the attachment to carry the load of all the demands and to produce all the wish list components.
    Thanks to the Xara team for a product I can afford and get hours of enjoyment with my limited artistic skills. It is greatly appreciated.
    Rupert
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tanami-truck93W.jpg 
Views:	617 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	47399  

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanna View Post
    Some humour.... from all the comments on X4 both positive and negative.
    You would need a truck the size of the attachment to carry the load of all the demands and to produce all the wish list components.
    Thanks to the Xara team for a product I can afford and get hours of enjoyment with my limited artistic skills. It is greatly appreciated.
    Rupert
    of course, i say thanks too, but the Critics are just for have a better program, (yes even better).
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    For my vote. Xtreme UI suits me perfectly.
    I don't require a new skin to increase my workflow or the fun in using Xtreme.
    I'm certainly not reminded of Windows98 when I use it.

(Though I have to say I love Adobe Lightroom, though horse for courses right?

For ugly UI's, spend over $AUD2,000 on CADLinks Signlab, considered by many pro sign shops as the industry standard, feast your eyes on retro'UI, button clutter, and non smoothed vectors...
    EEK indeed!!!

Last thing I need is to start squinting and searching for where the xxxx something or other has gone that was there automatically for all these years.

I breathe a sigh of relief every time there is an update that I don't have to re-learn half the program and can get on with doing my work!

Just unbelievable good ...

I upgraded as soon as I saw the announcement. I didnt even try it before - just splurged out. My reasons were:
    better support for multi CPU rigs ( I have been running dual Xeon for years and waiting for software to catch up) and the new text tools. Finally, font preview! And the interactive font size adjustment - there are so many times I could have used that in the past. Just excellent!
    New colour picker too - great.
    The integrated photo properties panel is good and fast and welcome.
    I'll never use the HTML features, and probably not the 3D but hey, they seem to take up no overhead so I have no problem with bloat.
    Overall the app seems more responsive, and it certainly loads faster.
    Money well spent - thanks Charles and co.