Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Xtreme verison 4

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoMike View Post
    Another wishlist I have for Xtreme is that it incorporate have more 3-D capabilities, like incorporating Xara-3D version 6 into the program. Is there any justification on why Xtreme (or any vector program) should not incorporate 3-D capabilities in their program ? I cannot think of any. It would seem that it would make any vector drawing program, such as Xtreme, a more complete package.
    Um...are you aware what thread you're in? Xara Xtreme 4 has this 3D functionality now. 3D X3D-style was a long time coming. I suspect it wasn't a trivial task to just port X3D into Xtreme; the rendering environment is quite different and more complex in Xtreme than X3D.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir View Post
    Completely agree guys. Now if we could only find a really good icon designer who can create really classy minimalist icons designs. It's very, very difficult.

We could quite easily, and seriously considered this for 4.0, make the icons monochrome, which makes them seem a little less toy. In fact we did this for XPE, and I think these looks better, but there are other opinions about this internally.
    No, please, no monichrome !!! I love the 20th century invention of tru-colour !!! As for icons, why not try soliciting www.luckyicon.com ? They created all of their IMPRESSIVE icons and graphics for numerous manufacturers and also offer icon sets which were all created using your Xara Xtreme product; Another big reason why I purchased Xtreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    Um...are you aware what thread you're in? Xara Xtreme 4 has this 3D functionality now. 3D X3D-style was a long time coming. I suspect it wasn't a trivial task to just port X3D into Xtreme; the rendering environment is quite different and more complex in Xtreme than X3D.
    Nope, I dont have a clue where I am at. I am illiterate, therefore I cannot read, however, I have remarkable writing abilities.

I did not have a chance to check out Xtreme 4, I saw the release yesterday here on this post and went straight for purchasing the upgrade and downloaded it. I have not yet had a chance to play with the new toy.

If one purchases Xtreme 4, is there any reason to purchase the stand-alone program of Xara 3D version 6 ? I can't wait to see what version 7 will have to offer !!!

As for icons, why not try soliciting www.luckyicon.com ?

Xara3D lets you create animations out of your 3D objects in a way that's far easier than it would be if you used v4 to do it. In particular instead of just saying "swing back and forth" you'd have to create all of those frames manually.

If that's something that's interesting, then you may way to pick up Xara3D as well.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

No, please, no monichrome !!! I love the 20th century invention of tru-colour !!!
    you've been reading too much Calvin and Hobbs !

Nope, I dont have a clue where I am at. I am illiterate, therefore I cannot read, however, I have remarkable writing abilities.
    ah irony its sometimes a lost cause...

Your enthusiasm does you credit Mike I wish you well - the best and only true way to determine which program is best, is to use them
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    you've been reading too much Calvin and Hobbs !

ah irony its sometimes a lost cause...

Your enthusiasm does you credit Mike I wish you well - the best and only true way to determine which program is best, is to use them
    Yet my GF says I am lazy, waisting time playing with my Light Sabre.
    Last edited by DiscoMike; 31 March 2008 at 09:23 PM.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

If an appearance revamp of Xtreme is seriously being considered by Charles & his team then I'd suggest the following approach. Hire Gary Priester as a consulting Art Director tasked with a project of professionally putting together a short list of potential icon designers. I'm sure Gary is the right guy for the job. Gary likely knows Xara products better than almost anyone, is committed to it, yet also understands the competitor's products, Xara's users, and has a keen eye for design honed by many successful years as a designer. He is also a person who respects Charles' vision and commitment to the product. I have no doubt Gary could shortlist professional icon designers capable of satisfying Charles and almost all users.

Charles please draft Gary to the task. He's da-bomb! Anyways, as an approach - a meaningful & potentially productive first step - I think it is worth considering.

Regards, Ross
    Last edited by Ross Macintosh; 31 March 2008 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Macintosh View Post
    If an appearance revamp of Xtreme is seriously being considered by Charles & his team then I'd suggest the following approach. Hire Gary Priester as a consulting Art Director tasked with a project of professionally putting together a short list of potential icon designers. I'm sure Gary is the right guy for the job. Gary likely knows Xara products better than almost anyone, is committed to it, yet also understands the competitor's products, Xara's users, and has a keen eye for design honed by many successful years as a designer. He is also a person who respects Charles' vision and commitment to the product. I have no doubt Gary could shortlist professional icon designers capable of satisfying Charles and almost all users.

Charles please draft Gary to the task. He's da-bomb! Anyways, as an approach - a meaningful & potentially productive first step - I think it is worth considering.
    Excellent idea, Ross. I second this.

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

As I understand it...version 4 that is now available is beta..I have downloaded version 4 and will be upgrading. Is the actual version that is coming outsoon a download or a Cd. I have Zara on 2 computers. Is that legal....and if it is....and the upgrade is a download...can I download the new version on 2 computers? I am computerdumb so please be patient. Tks