Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: saving data

Hi, I upgraded to windows xp. since then i can't save any new graphics or website templates. I may be able to change colour of the website, but can't edit the graphics like, header, subheader, banner ads, etc...I dont understand why. I installed from cd, then redownloaded from xara, doesn't work. i lost all old projects, and can't edit/import files from existing websites. I emailed Xara, last week, no reply and i really need webstyle to run my websites...can anyone help, please!

Hi,

I have experienced the same exact problem as you have described. I'm unable to continue working on my clients web sites because the save feature and several other editing features are greyed out.

tk3

Hey guys, I am plagued with this problem as well. bflats description is near perfect...im VERY disappointed as i have to work on client sites as well. EVERYTHING is greyed out except for the "CANCEL" button. what a shame, this would have been such a perfect program otherwise.

If anyone does figure out how to resolve this issue, please let me know. Some of the things I have tried:

- installing Webstyle normally
    - installing the demo over top the original
    - saving to diff project folders/actual folders
    - uninstalling/reinstalling

but nothing seems to work. I am running Windows XP Pro (FRESH install from today) on an Acer Ferrari 3200 laptop.

Thanks for the help in advance guys!

well guys i made it work again!
    I uninstalled, then reinstalled and works now..last time i installed all templates i downloaded at one time were still available ( which is a bit weird as they werent on the cd when i bought them as they were the upgrade things), last time i reinstalled they had to be downloaded from xara, and now works..kinda...cos it keeps shutting down a lot...anyway i thought my java plug in might have something to do with it not working, so installed that one again as well...dunno if that was the reason....just try, cos it works again..except for the old lost nav bars...will have to rebuild them all i guess :-(
    good luck chaps

email from Xara supprot:
    remove webstyle from add/remove programs

Look in this Registry location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall

There will be a number of key entries, which have a sub-key "DisplayName"

Remove any of those keys which have a DisplayName of "Xara Webstyle 4

Also remove the following registry keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\Webstyle 4

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Xara\Xara Webstyle 4

Please do not delete any additional keys from your registry.

Clean out the Temp directory.

Go to the Start Menu and select Run. Type cmd and click OK. In the DOS prompt, type set. Press Enter. Find the values for TEMP and TMP. These represent the location of the Temp directory on your computer.
    Go to the location of the Temp directory and delete all files and folders in it.

Then download webstyle again from your module store. Having saved it locally, disable your virus software and ensure you have admin access and install webstyle 4.

Having installed the program, click on update webstyle. Ensure you connect to the account from which the product was purchased allowing the templates to be installed

didnt try it a sit seems to work on my pc again

Hello bflat and other readers,

Xara has not responded to me with a solution. Your email from Xara support may indeed solve the problem, BUT if you do not know the cause you may be re-doing the solution many times over!

Seems like a lot of work for the user, from a company which already has our money. They ought to provide an upgrade or fix and send it out to every registered owner (I hope they read these forums) and be done with it. This is one of the reasons why there is piracy in the software world today. Companies do not fully support their software as they should. They do not respect the end user, only the end users money!!

P.O. in California,
    tk3