Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Logo

Default Re: Logo

Hi

The problem I have with the blob logo is that it does not say anything!

The card idea says a bit but the logo needs to intrigue, grab the eye, hit on the prospective customer's needs, say something about the business etc.

At the risk of being trivial, a happy face would be an example; we hope that the recipient of a card is amused/likes the picture or message etc.

Hopefully this will help inspire you!
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Egg, a-w,

I am really sorry if my comment was too harsh, impolite, or discouraging. It was perhaps more a reaction to other posters' effort in improving the original design which IMO needs a complete reworking - and this is in no way meant to insult or hurt anyone.

As one possible quick solution, I would suggest to use some "safe", elegant font (with the association of perfection), and if that's too plain looking for the given intent, than probably adding slight shadow could do it.

J.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cardperfect.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	46659  

Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Egg, a-w,
    I am really sorry if my comment was too harsh, impolite, or discouraging. It was perhaps more a reaction to other posters' effort in improving the original design which IMO needs a complete reworking - and this is in no way meant to insult or hurt anyone.
    As one possible quick solution, I would suggest to use some "safe", elegant font (with the association of perfection), and if that's too plain looking for the given intent, than probably adding slight shadow could do it.
    J.
    Josie, Please just try to be less abrasive. If you are going to make suggestions for improvements, then make decent ones. Your latest response was pretty indifferent, why bother?
    The general practise here is that if you have nothing constructive to add, then it is probably better to say nothing.
    Not that we want to discourage you from posting positive comments, we'd value your positive insight.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

a-w

I hope you are still here.

There are several Workbook articles on logos. You might visit some of these for some ideas of where to start.

A good logo should have several qualities. It should be memorable and unique. And if possible, it should give the viewer and idea of what the product or service is.

I believe simple is almost always better.

Gary

I will second Gary's comments... K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple stupid) is the rule for logo design. The most well know logo in the world is the Coca-cola logo, whish is just a simple scripted font. If simple can work for the most well know, it can work for you.

simple also ensures the logo can transfer bewteen media with no problem. Create it in 2 color. If it works there, anything more will also work.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Josie,

Cheers for that.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

okkkk, thanks for all the suggestions, comments and everything in between...

I have changed the design. I may even drop the drawing part from the logo below and just keep the written part with the first letters (C & P) as the logo. Who knows...I may still change it.

Name:	logo2.gif 
Views:	212 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	46671  

Your red 'P' looks like a bloody dagger for vampires to me. If you keep that design, you may want to change the colors. Also, the 'c' and the 't' are so close together that they look like a 'd' with a '-' through it. The purple ?dash/swish? makes me go "What's that for?," leaving a question in my mind, and not an image of perfection. I much prefer Josie's sketch for your intended purpose.

As with Josie, I hope that these critiques are not taken as 'bashing,' but are instead helpful for creating a new, more perfect iteration of your design. Then again, some people like designs like that, so it is up to you.

Best wishes,
    David

Here's a quick take on the idea showing how the a logo can work in a few colours, or monotone, greyscale and black & white.
    You seem to be liking anything but plain fonts, so I chose ACROPOLIS for this example, personally I'd be going for something else.
    Important thing is to keep trying different ideas. Sometimes something magic appears infront of your eyes!

Name:	cardperfect.png 
Views:	192 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	46673  

Nice choice of font, Steve. I suppose it depends on the type of cards
    being produced/stocked, but for a general logo, this may be the perfect font: movieola.
    Saludos,
    Bob.

Name:	card 3.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	46675  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.