Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Logo

Default Logo

I am trying to make a logo for greeting cards site...Card-Perfect. I tried this and also tried different line colors, fonts etc.

Will appreciate any comments/suggestions!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Logo

Hi a-w,
    Your graphic uses Moonbeam-Bold font which is not a standard Windows font and therefore not on my system.
    I'm almost sure that the font you chose was a very important part of the appearance of your logo, so it would not be fair to comment on the way it appears on my system without Moonbeam-Bold installed.

Rather than uploading your .xar file, please just export the logo as a .jpg for members of the forum to view.

We''l be able to make more useful comments then

Here you go...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logo1.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	46562  

Looks like the decender for the p ran away. I think that having some sort of decender would be better than nothing. Without the decender many people would just read the logo as a reversed C an not a p...
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Aside from Johns comments on the 'P' - I'm not sure about the sphere. My inclination would be to go for a part opened blank two-fold card as the logo image. I know it's a bit of a stereotype, but well there's still plenty of scope for something unique. The text needs a font that has some 'punch', something that says what it is without any doubt..
    Also Logos are often and commonly very simple solid colour designs that can look great printed in colour, black & white or greyscale.
    Check this thread started by Remi.

a-w: both initial 'letters' are shapes not font, is that deliberate? Perhaps if you put the letters in the shapes?

A bit like this ... only better

Name:	card-perfect.png 
Views:	350 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	46585  
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 15 March 2008 at 02:35 AM. Reason: example
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Hi A-W
    Perhaps you could explain some of your thinking regarding the design you made. For instance if you had to explain it to a client, how would you do so? Trying that here can be good safe practice but also give us more to comment constructively on. I like Sledger's idea about a card shape but we don't know why you have the green circle shape and if it has some significance.

Regards, Ross

Honestly, it is very amateur. Not only in terms of technical skill, but primarily from the point of taste.
    It makes no sense to design logos without first having good taste. If you absolutely cannot afford to let it be created by a professional, it is much safer to use a simple typographic logotype using some balanced typeface.

Josie,

I'm surprised at your comments. I believe the forums here are to encourage members endevours. Your response is negative and in no way adds to the posters original question for further ideas and therefore adds nothing to the thread but to demoralise the original poster.

Your previous posts haven't been along these lines, so why this negativity now?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I'd be inclined to keep it simple and
    use a card as the logo.
    Lovely font, dream orphans.ttf
    Saludos,
    Bob.

Name:	card.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	46646  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.