Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Access violation - heeelp?

Hi Helle,

I looked at the file but did not see anything that may have caused the Access Violation.

Can you recall what steps you took after you saved the version of the file that still works?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I've looked at your file also, I don't get any errors opening or when fiddling about with it, so unless I know what you were doing at the time the error occurred, it's impossible to say and possibly even unrepeatable. Too many variables. The offset error code means nothing to me, perhaps Xara can decypher that, otherwise ' fraid not - sorry.

Have you downloaded and set XARA XXTUNE to automatically create a .bak file? If it happens again, at least you have a backup file you can potentially use.

If you haven't got XXTUNE, I recommend it

in a nutshell the error message is simply saying that the program could not continue because [apparently] the system has stopped something performing an operation that it is not supposed to do.

with a message like this that may be as much as you can say - without actually having logged the steps taken to reach this point

also it may not be repeatable on another computer - it depends what the root cause of the conflict is - like Steve said - too many variables
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

New frontend version to try and take care of the conime problem. Looks like the conime process only runs on vista machines with language packs installed. This version (1.0.0.5) should close that process (if it's running) when the app closes.

Stan
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 12 May 2008 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Attachment Removed ~ Posters request ~ Egg

thanks all....
    I cannot remember what I did the moment before the error came up.. *ev.
    But thank you all for looking at it. I MUST make backup of every file I create in the future...

(would be a great feature "automatic backup" )

Helle :-)

Halle you can use XX Tune.

Link to the download page is in Suvek's post http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...94&postcount=2
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Helle View Post
    (would be a great feature "automatic backup" )
    Perhaps you missed my post #22?

Quote Originally Posted by standay View Post
    New frontend version to try and take care of the conime problem. Looks like the conime process only runs on vista machines with language packs installed. This version (1.0.0.5) should close that process (if it's running) when the app closes.
    Cheers Stan all good, works well. Thanks again
    PS: No additional language packs installed here btw.

I don't profess to understand what "conime" is or stands for, but try doing a web search for "conime". It seems to bring up some worms/trojan problems.

I'm not saying this is the cause here, but it's worth checking out.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

You're right Egg, and it's always worth using google to look for clues regarding unknown progams running in the background.
    Whilst many of the results will direct to websites which alert to the possibility of a trojans or worms going by that name, often this is false trawling information which has been devised to catch people by frightening them into believing they are infected & therefore download some 'you beaut' software to fix this. That software is more often than not 'malware', and brings the user no end of headaches.
    I come across this and have to clean customers machines of spyware, malware and rogueware from PC's every week..
    It's also true that some tojans are developed which take on the name of a known and legit Windows file, but these are usually placed in a slightly different folder on the system to avoid the Windows File Protection.

conime.exe stands for Console Input Method Editor, or Console IME.
    You will see this Microsoft file in your syste32 folder. It's been around at least since Windows NT as far as I know.

As Stan mentioned, it is often used when the OS is running other languages. It has also been responsible for causing other known (and patched) errors, such as causing Control Panel to stop responding.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	conime.png 
Views:	252 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	46619