Months passed by, and here I am again

The good news: Finally I've managed to install and run Xtreme 3.02.781.

The bad news: I'm having trouble with the PDF export. First let me say that the PDF export is absolutely fantastic, however, there are some serious flaws...

I have tons of Type 1 fonts, and of course I would like to have them embedded. So I check the option in the export dialog, but then X warns me that the fonts are copyright protected and won't be embedded.

Huh? What's going on here?

As much as I understant the copyright issue, that means that some very intelligent hacker **might** extract the embedded fonts from the final PDF, I don't undertand why I can embed the copyright protected Type 1 fonts if I use Acrobat Professional to create the PDF! It **does** embed all copyright protected fonts!

OK, now you might say: fine, if you are going to generate a PDF/X file for printing, everyhting is fine. Correct, but this option forces me to generate a CMYK file, meaning all RGB TIFF images will be converted to CMYK, losing a lot of color space - which I absolutely need to appear on the special paper. As long as my intent is printing with a 'real' offset printer, it's ok with me, but: I am printing to a digital printer that requires RGB if I want to have my photographs printed with vivid colors in the sRGB or ECI color space!

I'm only using Acrobat to print my photographic books, so it would be fantastic if I could achieve my goal with Xtreme and completely abandon Adobe from my machine (the pricing policy for upgrades it hilarious and totally absurd!).

Questions:

A. Could someone from the Xara team explain to my why the 'original' does embed copyright protected Type 1 fonts and Xtreme not?

B. Any workaround in this case?

If not: is anybody using the Acrobat plugin 'Imposer Pro'?

Finally: can I just uninstall the fu**ing movie player Xara installs on my machine without asking me - without destroying any other players because of common *.dlls?

How can I uninstall or UNLINK the pesky 'Picture Editor'? I'm working very fast, so many times I issue a double click and the damn Picture Editor opens up - quite annoying with the hughe 130 Megapixel images I use for my prints!

Enough questions and ranting for today. Maybe the Xara team or some savvy users here can give me a hint... or even remove the restricted font embedding <sigh>.

A kingdom for a working solution!

--------------------//--
working with Windows is like navigating a submarine: as soon as you'll open the windows the trouble begins
--------------------//--