Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quo Vadis?

Default Re: Quo Vadis?

you are right about future proofing otherwise 'quo vadis?' might turn into 'hic iacet sepultus'

got to take a broad commercial view to survive
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Quo Vadis?

Does Xara know where it's going? I'd say that it definetly does. There was a time, a couple of years back, that I must admit the I started to dispair that the software was floundering. But over the last 12 months we've had a substantial upgrade and from the latest hints there's more on the way.

As an example, XXP's import/export filters had remained in the wilderness. This is no longer the case. These filters are being updated regularly and XXP users can now import/export to many file types. There's not a lot of software out there that competes with Xara's export/import filters.

According to the About file my latest version of XXP was July 2007. If I can have an upgrade in the near future I'd be very happy.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host