Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Cool Installation Problems

I am stumped on this one and tech support is no help. I am a registered user of Xara. I downloaded the latest version recently and when I import a picture the picture editor is not recognized, the screen doesnt show up so I can unlock the trial version. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both using the remove/add. Are there any files that need to be renamed, is there something in the regedit that needs to be replaced or deleted

Default Re: Installation Problems

Hi greys4u

Which version did you buy and register and which version have you downloaded? Did you download directly from the Xara site?
    There was an upgrade last year which required purchasing for registered users of earlier versions.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 07 March 2008 at 07:58 PM. Reason: typos

I downloaded the latest ver. 3.2 a week ago and not the pro version. It was downloaded from the Xara site.

OK.. But which version did you originally purchase a license for?

Oh duh, sorry, it was v.3

OK - if you have the CD version of XaraXtreme 3 installled, the Xara Xtreme 3.2 upgrade is priced at $49.

I have the latest version, are you saying unstall everything and reinstall v. 3 and then the upgrade?

When you purchase the upgrade, you will be sent another CD

I think he would also get another serial number for the upgraded version. Maybe log into your xara account and grab the new serial number...

Or wait for the CD... If you bought it...
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook