Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's New?

Default Re: What's New?

Quote Originally Posted by DanDaBear View Post
    Never mind paying for another upgrade! I just got Xara3D 6 and now they're practically giving away X3D 5!

Don`t worry, 6 was way better than 5 for me, which means nothing
    but you might draw some power from that
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Quote Originally Posted by Odat View Post
    IWhat I meant by hierarchical layers is being able to have layers be children of other layers. It's like looking at a folder list in a file manager. If you use a lot of layers you can group associated layers together to make them easier to work with in the layer list ......
    Understood - and agreed. Although as a very inexperienced amateur, most of my work seems to be on one layer. Odd really, as I use AutoCad professionally and I can get 100's of layers without really thinking about it.
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 29 February 2008 at 07:13 PM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Unix version?
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Quote Originally Posted by gracehjs View Post
    Unix version?
    Doubtful ......
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Well that one never occurred to me, but that would be a great way to get me to give them money for a new version, even if it had no new features.

But then, I'm a linux nerd and usually when I get the urge to work on a neat Xara related idea I find myself at a location with no windows machines in sight.

How about an option in the export dialog that you could enable as long as the color depth is "True Color + Alpha" that makes it render the export against a true transparent background (instead of the page color, for example). Once and for all, the "my export has a white fringe" would be nipped in the bud. Well, maybe...
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

The white "fringe" is a result of an object going through half a pixel. You have to put something in the other half of the pixel... Is there any program that does a transparent half(or less) pixel?
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

How about an option in the export dialog that you could enable as long as the color depth is "True Color + Alpha" that makes it render the export against a true transparent background (instead of the page color, for example).
    Odat, True Color + Alpha really does render a true transparent image.
    Only transparent .gifs (or PNG 256 colour with one transparent colour) must be saved against the same page you need to use it on in order not to see a 'fringe'

Beware that IE6 will not show you the correct alpha transparency, other browsers can handle it.
    This attached image is a true colour + Alpha 'png' which is allowing the vBulletin table colour (#F5F5FF) gradually show through.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alpha.png 
Views:	220 
Size:	3.3 KB 
ID:	46040  
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 02 March 2008 at 06:28 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by gracehjs View Post
    Unix version?
    Or a MAC one?
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Well, color me embarrassed with a white fringe, then! I was sure I'd run into something like that in the past. When I do web related things it's usually the back end, since my design skills are rather horrid.

Now I want to go try that out but I have to wait until my new computer is ready to go. There was a bit of a BIOS mishap with the old one...
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

I thought XaraLX was a Linux/unix/mac compatible version? I have heard that xara is a bit busy to do any work on it now, but it is out there...
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook