Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xara X1 update

We've just released a minor update, to version 1.1a.

This is ONLY currently available as a patch for the CD installed version of Xara X1. The fixes are;
    - When doing a grad fill form one spot color to another spot color this now always separates to the correct spot plates.
    - A contoned bitmap from one spot color to another spot now separates correctly to the spot plates only.
    - Solid drag behaviour when resizing very small to very large objects was erratic under some circumstances.
    - An error that occurred when saving or closing, and occasionally turning certain layers on and off, on a small percentage of documents.
    - Real time brush strokes in 16bpp screen depths now works correctly
    - There's been an update to cope with certain forthcoming XPE plug-ins

Those that have the CD version of Xara X1 installed might like to get the update which you can get from here;
    http://www.xara.com/downloads/xarax/x1patch.asp

We've just released a minor update, to version 1.1a.

This is ONLY currently available as a patch for the CD installed version of Xara X1. The fixes are;
    - When doing a grad fill form one spot color to another spot color this now always separates to the correct spot plates.
    - A contoned bitmap from one spot color to another spot now separates correctly to the spot plates only.
    - Solid drag behaviour when resizing very small to very large objects was erratic under some circumstances.
    - An error that occurred when saving or closing, and occasionally turning certain layers on and off, on a small percentage of documents.
    - Real time brush strokes in 16bpp screen depths now works correctly
    - There's been an update to cope with certain forthcoming XPE plug-ins

Those that have the CD version of Xara X1 installed might like to get the update which you can get from here;
    http://www.xara.com/downloads/xarax/x1patch.asp

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Arrrrghhh, I'm still using the DL version, I'm too far away from my CD... it must have hit grounds somewhere in Germany, and I'm sitting in Spain without any access to that marvel... on the other hand: the DL version is rock solid, I didn't experience any problem until today.

Keep going gang, it's a rewarding path to the future!
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

I am sorry but I am having some problem,
    I bought the boxed version as soon as X1 was released and up to now nothing has arrived.
    I thought I might go on with the downloaded version, but I realise now that I will lose further upgrades.

Please Charles would you mind checking whether my box was sent? my account is digitaldesign

thanks

Luciano

Luciano, we've contacted you directly to resolve this problem.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

I've posted this in the thread (above) about 'my first attempt' but probably should post here as well. After installing the patch this morning it seems that things blow up when I try to export a CMYK tiff from a drawing in which the color model is set to CMYK. Either I simply get no output, or I get an Access Exception Fault. RGB works okay. Is this just me, or has anyone else run into this?
    Phil Thompson

Holy crap, Phil, your right. I got an Access Violation when I tried to export using the CMYK Tiff option!!

Oh no!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/eek.gif Not again!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/eek.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

phil, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Upon investigation from our technical team, there is indeed a problem with this. They are working to rectify the problem, and someone will advise further on this soon.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.