Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have been having some problems producing CMYK tiffs for print from newXara.
    I have attached an illustration of the trouble I'm having.

The top pic. is a cmyk Tiff generated in xara. If you look at the bits of fruit flying around you see some green (should be red) apples with black triangles which should be subtle shading.

The next image is an RGB tiff from the original xar. file which shows reasonably acurate colours on screen

The third is a cmyk tiff generated in CorelDraw12 from the RGB tiff imported. The CMYK is an acurate rendition of the RGB colours.

Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong in Xara to get such unusable results; all are exported as 300dpi tiffs and should be more or less identical to look at on screen surely?.. though the Xara generated CMYK has, along with other difficienties, a blue cast to it which is the first thing you notice though its less apparent in the JPG.
    The Xara CMYKtiffs I've sent off to an irrate printer are unusable. Am I missing something or should I add CMYK Tiff export to my growing list of gripes about my 'favorite' piece of software.

(for the first time ever I wish i had produced this job in CorelDraw.

Derek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comparison.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	173.2 KB 
ID:	14275  

I have been having some problems producing CMYK tiffs for print from newXara.
    I have attached an illustration of the trouble I'm having.

The top pic. is a cmyk Tiff generated in xara. If you look at the bits of fruit flying around you see some green (should be red) apples with black triangles which should be subtle shading.

The next image is an RGB tiff from the original xar. file which shows reasonably acurate colours on screen

The third is a cmyk tiff generated in CorelDraw12 from the RGB tiff imported. The CMYK is an acurate rendition of the RGB colours.

Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong in Xara to get such unusable results; all are exported as 300dpi tiffs and should be more or less identical to look at on screen surely?.. though the Xara generated CMYK has, along with other difficienties, a blue cast to it which is the first thing you notice though its less apparent in the JPG.
    The Xara CMYKtiffs I've sent off to an irrate printer are unusable. Am I missing something or should I add CMYK Tiff export to my growing list of gripes about my 'favorite' piece of software.

(for the first time ever I wish i had produced this job in CorelDraw.

Derek

Could you please send a copy of the .xar file to xarasupport@xara.com marked for my attention?

Could anyone else who has similar problem with bits of CMYK TIFFs being completely the wrong colour (e.g. the red/green issue or the black areas) also send copies of the .xar files to the above address with a description of what bits you think are wrong.

Cheers,
    Gerry Iles