Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Workbook Covers

Default Re: Workbook Covers

Beautiful AND useful quick reference too. Thank you.
    Quick glance to scan through the covers to find "that" tutorial you can not remember the name of..
    Are there any plans to have 2009 & 2010? Or should someone else pitch in to bring them up to date?
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Have a go Samantha.

I doubt I can do as well making such nice collages/presentations from the workbook photos... but will give it a go between other things.
    To my knowledge, these "covers" do not already exist and must be put together. Is that right?
    Noticed that the last file was 2008, only Jan-Mar so I will begin with April 2008, using his header design to complete the year...
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Sam

They exist in cyberspace. Gary probably has some copies also. I started finding them today. Don't know how long it will take but I can give it a try.
    I did not make the collages, that is all Gary's design skills.
    Last edited by aridzone; 09 June 2011 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Giving gary credit
    I was born outside the box! - Aridzone
    WebDesignerTemplate

They exist in cyberspace.
    Other than your PDF files I don't know that I have ever seen the "covers".
    Even when you visit XaraXone and view or download/unzip I don't remember seeing covers for the workbooks or guest tutorials over the years. Besides looking online, I went back to my XDP6 CD that contains copies of the tutorials and workbooks and did not find covers. It's a wonderful project to put them together so they are not lost! Were they originally posted in the forum?

Don't know how long it will take but I can give it a try.
    Great! If I knew where to look for them, I will gladly help ferret them out!

I did not make the collages, that is all Gary's design skills.
    I knew his art work is certainly prominently showcased. And he is the heart and soul of the XaraOne site (Thank you!!)
    Did not know he created the covers, hence my questions.
    The work in demonstrated on each is already beautiful. But it is made more interesting by the overall design put into each collage cover!
    -Samantha

Hi Sam

Every time Gary releases a new workbook he posts a notice on talkgraphics. In this notice is the only place that I know of where you can find these covers. Here is a recent example:http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...nd-4-TUTORIALS
    I am missing the following workbook covers if anyone would like to post a link to them, it would help. 73, 75, 79, 81, 83, 87 and any special workbooks. Thanks
    WebDesignerTemplate

Last edited by samrc; 10 June 2011 at 11:11 PM.
    -Samantha

Sam

Thank you very much!
    I should have them all now.
    WebDesignerTemplate

Glad to help.
    -Samantha

Question Re: Workbook Covers

VISUAL INDEX:

Maybe there should be a sticky thread in this forum with covers for each year?
    Each PDF Page could then have a link to the actual workbook? .... or something similar.
    Never mind, I see the PDFs do have links

Perhaps in the thread, an image of thumbnails adjacent to the link for each year as well?
    Last edited by jclements; 15 June 2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: PDFs do images do have links!