Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Talking Can someone help me?

i have a small picture i would like resized to fit a 19" widescreen monitor. i would also like it in 3D and spinning if possible. i've attached a copy of the picture. it can be flat too, i don't care.

can someone do this for me?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IP

Default Re: Can someone help me?

Loads of people could do it - after all we're sitting here waiting for things to do, waiting for instructions from someone on their first post.

The policy here is to help people help themselves. If you want to try and do this yourself, you'll get plenty of help, otherwise your request isn't going to get any volunteers.
    IP

If you want to try and do this yourself, you'll get plenty of help,
    If your interested in learning advanced 3D graphics this is the place, otherwise try the Xara 3d forum if you just need help spinning logo's, Xara 3D software is well suited for the task.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IP

Re: Can someone help me?

i'm not looking for any attitudes. I'm an electrical estimator, i do estimating. if i had the capabilities to create a 3D image i wouldn't be on here asking for someone to create this thing for me. i'm not trying to demand that one of you just drop what you're doing and do this for me. i understand that you all have other things to do. So the sarcastic comments and the funny man spinning the 3D image on a computer wasn't necessary.

I'd even be willing to pay for someone's services with in reason. so if someone would like to help then great, and if not that fine too.

thanks and good day!
    IP

Mr Bullfrog, we get tons of people asking on these forums making similar requests to yours, usually expecting people here to make graphics for them for free - hence the response.

Talkgraphics is probably the most helpful forum that I've ever known, but we can be forgiven for a bit of freebie fatigue. People here are incredibly helpful when posters 'have a go'.

There's no problem either with asking for work to be done, providing it's not assumed to be a freebie. You'll forgive me and Mike for assuming you were looking for a freebie since you've only just mentioned that you would pay something towards it.

I'm sure someone will come forward and help you out. In the meantime, here are a couple of comments.

You want the graphics for a 19" monitor - you should say what the screen resolution is - that's the important factor not the physical size.

It's likely that the small image you've provided won't scale up well, so ideally you'll have a larger copy of it or it'll have to be reproduced in a larger version. You'll need to own the copyright for the image.

If you don't own the copyright, I'm sure someone could produce a similar, though different, work.

Good luck.

Paul
    IP

Sorry for the lack of information and my apologies for not including a payment for anyone's services. the image doesn't have to look exactly the same. it can be modified. if i could i would just like something close.

anyone interested can just email me at [removed link]
    i have paypal so transferring the money won't be an issue, just let me know how much.

here are the specs for my monitor. i'm just looking for a desktop background if its possible.

my resolution is 1440 x 900
    Pixel Pitch 0.283mm x 0.238mm
    Display Colors 16.2 Million
    Contrast Ratio 700:1
    Dimensions (W×H×D) 17.4" x 15.0" x 7.9"

thanks to anyone who wants to help
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 21 February 2008 at 04:41 PM.
    IP

Mr. bullfrog, this is not a work for hire forum, take your request to this site www.elance.com and present it to the folks there.

Topic closed.
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 21 February 2008 at 05:03 PM.
    IP