Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Newbie (Help!)

Default Newbie (Help!)

Hi All

Fantastic site here, you guys n girls certainly know what you're doing!

I have just started a new job where I need to use corel draw/paint. I have myself booked into a course next month (yippeee)

For now could you please advise me how to change the colour of a square copied from another program? I hope this makes sence!

Many Thanks in advance and i'll look forward to many more of your replies
    IP

Default Re: Newbie (Help!)

hi,
    please can you tell us the name of the program that you copied the shape from. We need to know if it's a bitmap or a vector.

Otherwise, if this shape is a simple square, why don't you create one within CorelDraw ?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by footballer View Post
    For now could you please advise me how to change the colour of a square copied from another program? I hope this makes sence!
    Are you copying a Raster (bitmap) or a Vector shape from the other program?
    Which Corel program are you copying the shape into, Draw or Paint?

Duh - darthrone beat me to it
    IP

It is a bitmap image.
    When I say square, as good as!
    I will need, in the future to change the colour of all different shapes and size objects so it wouldn't be Efficiant to draw new ones. (EVEN THOUGH I DON'T KNOW HOW YET! )
    IP

This is an example of some of the areas I would like to change colour! The darker yellow in actual fact!!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...sentation1.jpg
    IP

using Corel PhotoPaint:
    1. If you copyied this drawing as you said, then open PhotoPaint, close the welcome screen, right click on a grey empty area and choose "new from clipboard" (or juste ctrl+shift+N), your image will be opened
    (or you can simply open it from a file)
    2. choose "image>adjust>Replace colors", a window dialog will appear, desactivate the "preview button"
    do you see the two areas where you find "old color" and "new color", we will use them to make the change
    3. in "old color" line, use the eyedropper next to the colors box, then cliq on an area of the color you want to change from your opened image
    4. now, select the new color by clicking on the colors box, and choose the color you want to apply
    7. reactivate the preview button, and apply when you are satisfied with the result
    8. save

Hope it's clear

Finally, let me advise you, this kind of drawings must be done in vectors for easier manipulation, so you have to use any vector drawing program that you want: CorelDraw, AutoCAD, illustrator (bad )... to redraw this illustration
    IP

Thumbs up Re: Newbie (Help!)

Quote Originally Posted by darthrone View Post
    using Corel PhotoPaint:
    1. If you copyied this drawing as you said, then open PhotoPaint, close the welcome screen, right click on a grey empty area and choose "new from clipboard" (or juste ctrl+shift+N), your image will be opened
    (or you can simply open it from a file)
    2. choose "image>adjust>Replace colors", a window dialog will appear, desactivate the "preview button"
    do you see the two areas where you find "old color" and "new color", we will use them to make the change
    3. in "old color" line, use the eyedropper next to the colors box, then cliq on an area of the color you want to change from your opened image
    4. now, select the new color by clicking on the colors box, and choose the color you want to apply
    7. reactivate the preview button, and apply when you are satisfied with the result
    8. save

Hope it's clear

Finally, let me advise you, this kind of drawings must be done in vectors for easier manipulation, so you have to use any vector drawing program that you want: CorelDraw, AutoCAD, illustrator (bad )... to redraw this illustration

Darthrone....Your the man! Just what I needed my friend!
    IP