Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Stoopid Question!

Hi Peeps

Very new to this only just stated my website with my limited knowledge, howeevr one basic question I have with Xara X is the file format?

Just generated a new test heading and the type is .xar as you will know. However, if my webpage software only accepts certain file types can I convert the .xar file to something it will accept?

Many thanks

Matthew
    Last edited by remi; 12 February 2008 at 09:49 PM. Reason: link removed

Default Re: Stoopid Question!

in a word export rather than save: as gif, jpg....

the default for export is the selected objects - note xara will export the background as well unless you make it transparent

and thinking about it - any objects behind that are not selected may show - so best not to have any
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Welcome to the forum!

With your .xar file open, go to File --> Export and you will see many options there. Once you click, you will have many options to fine tune your output for the particular file format. You can convert to .gif, .jpg or many more formats.

hello and thanks for the welcome and intel - yes that works now gotta work out the rest!

Welcome to the Xtreme Conference, Mathew.

I can't believe I have not covered this in the Xara Xone Workbooks, but I haven't.

I'll cover it in Workbook 67 due out on 15 February.

Gary

Cheers Gary - have to say everyone most friendly here its great!

I have already started on animation though. I have what I thought created a simple graphic to indicate whether my PCI Boltek Lightning Detector is activated or not. I just want the word to fade through various reds to black and then fade back through to red. I used the copy method in the frames menu but when I preview its just a static image. I have tried both overlay and background but neither seem to work. Clearly I am doing something wrong but what?

Any ideas guys?

Flash would be the best way to go.

Check out Workbook 55. Remember you have to use Named objects which is covered in this tutorial.

Gary