Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Xara 3D Glass!!

Exclamation Xara 3D Glass!!

Yeah I wish. Nothing would be more gorgeous than text having a 3D Plexiglass look. There's a few ways of achieving the effect but I've only done it with still images. If Xara 3D could have sides/faces with variable transparency, I'd never stop playing with it!!
    Yes, yes, and what if the core is made of CHEESE?

Default Re: Xara 3D Glass!!

okay seriously, I came back here to post this very same message, to make sure it was mentioned. Doesn't anyone know who to talk to about future features?? I think this is the logical next step to making 3D look even better... just make sides and faces have an opacity level...

In the Help Menu,, About Xara X3D6 shows the attached. It shows Feb. 2005 as the V.6 date, and there has been no change since. Very nearly 5 and a half years without an update suggests a lack of enthusiasm for the product. Xara/Magic's main thrust seem to be towards web design and bitmap editing, so I wouldn't hold my breath. However, what you say about opacities is interesting. Perhaps this post would be better served in the "Dear Xara" Forum.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X3D.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	75398  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I have the impression [and thats all it is] that Xara's intention is/was to integrate the Xara3D into Xtreme, now Designer

If that happens you may well get your wish; but it may not happen soon if at all
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

When the Extrude Tool was added to Xara Xtreme, I think that was an indication that Xara3D version 6 may be the last. Just my opinion.

The animation options of Xara3D make it an excellent application. Maybe one day development will resume on the program.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I also doubt that Xara are planning any development on Xara3D. I think they'd want to focus such efforts into enhancing the integration of Xara3D into Designer.

I'm not sure how much I'd use the transparency option if it was available (I tried to simulate a clock glass once), but I could surely use an ability to group objects together, especially after I'd used an animation to create something by moving some bits into place, so that I could lock them together, then take the animation off again to do something else.

Or maybe a form of animation scripting would be more flexible?

Mike

Oh snap, I did start a new thread about this http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ion&highlight=