Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Shopping Cart

Default Shopping Cart

Can anyone recommend a shopping cart that is easy to install and use? I have been browsing for 2days now and I am so confused.

I need the cart to have the following features:

Digital Downloads
    Affiliate Scheme (not absolutely necessary)
    Compatible with 2Checkout.
    Search facility
    Wish list / Gift certificate

The most important thing for me is that I need to be able to adapt the design very easily. I mean I want to use my own header image and add some to a side panel.

I have looked at so many now and I am totally confused. I just thought that someone may have some experience or good advice or suggestions. I do not mind if it is an asp or php cart, as long as it is easy to install as I am not to clued up on web development. Zen cart is nice, free but there is a 400 page manual to read. You will not believe how tricky it is to get Apache and IIS working together on the same PC!!! Thus I would prefer an ASP cart.
    I am looking at between $100 and $300, that is the most I can hardly afford right now.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated, and by that I mean, if you have a cart was it easy to implement and change and does it work for you.

Tks so much.

Regards

Barry
    Last edited by barrym67; 03 February 2008 at 08:40 PM.
    “BE KIND, FOR EVERYONE YOU MEET IS FIGHTING A HARD BATTLE” -Plato

Default Re: Shopping Cart

Hi,

Maybe something for you http://www.mals-e.com/

Hans

Hi Barry.

Another thing to consider is licensing. If you want to use it on more than one site, it can cost you.

I use Cartweaver. The price is good, the licensing is great and it comes in multiple flavors - ASP, PHP and Coldfusion.

The price is in your neighborhood as well. I also think it easier than most to customize as they keep their code open.

www.cartweaver.com

Best of luck!

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?

Thanks Haakoo and Red,

I am going to checkout cartweaver right now!! Cool!!
    “BE KIND, FOR EVERYONE YOU MEET IS FIGHTING A HARD BATTLE” -Plato

Barry,

You might want to check out ZenCart. It's free and does a wonderful job if you can figure out how to install it. I know there are people out there who will set it up for you, for a fee of course. I tried to set it up myself and was completely lost, but that might just be me.

I am considering hiring someone to set it up for me if I can find a reasonable offer.

Best of luck,

Jennie