Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Creating a map - Earth Bank

Hi All,

I am creating a basic orientering map using Corel Draw. I am struggling to find an easy way to create a symbol that indicates an earth bank. The image below shows the sort of symbol / representation am looking to create:
    http://www.adventuresport.co.uk/images/slice_banks.jpg

The area of land has many earth banks so I need a fairly straight forward method. Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Matt
    IP

Default Re: Creating a map - Earth Bank

On site plans we used to use a straight hatch pattern on the bank. Full length to show the extent of the bank, and half length on the high side as per attached - Sorry about the quality, it's just a quick sketch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	temp.png 
Views:	194 
Size:	1.4 KB 
ID:	45680  
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

Hi Matt,

I'm going to write a little tutoriel specially for this kind of effect. the attached image should help you in the steps

a. Open a new document in CorelDraw
    b. create a triangle using the polygon tool (1) with 3 sides (2), and color it, hmmm with blue.
    c. with this triangle selected, open the artistic media docker (window>dockers>artistic media), then click on the save button (3), a window will appear, select the kind of stroke as "object sprayer" (4), hit OK, and save this object as a cdr file --DON'T CHANGE THE DEFAULT FOLDER !!--
    d. now you can delete the triangle in our document, and create a new shape, let's go for un simple square.
    c. keep the square selected, and click on the "artistic media tool" (5), we have now all the parameters of this tool on the proprerty bar, here select the sprayer (6), open the rollover (7) where we find our blue triangle, choose it.
    d. if all is well done, you will have some triangles following the outline of the square.
    e. now, you can adjust the result by the size (8), spacing (9). Click on the rotation button (10) and select "path based", hit enter, Also you can invert the orientation of the triangles by giving an angle of 180°.

that's all

Remember that you can apply this method on any vector shape or path that you want ...

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/5093/darthhj9.th.jpg
    IP

Thanks Keith and darthrone for you fast replies. Darthrone - your tutorial is spot on - I have produced an ideal object sprayer.

Out of interest - the hatch pattern suggested by Keith could be useful for another area. Is there an easy way to produce this?

Thanks again,

Matt
    IP