Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Making a crest(patch)

Hello everyone...
    Well after long fustration, yes have come back here to ask for some help i usally receve from fellow artists...

Here goes..im trying to make a crest, same as pic shown,except i want "dirty daddy's" in the top and "clothing" in the bottom but i cant even make the areas let alone add text to the area...
    anyways its huge to begin with I'm making it 11.5 inches tall by 14 wide.. and have my trademarked "dirty daddy clothing Co" logo to replace the grim reaper......any help would be greatly needed
    Thanks,Mike
    http://dirtydaddyclothing.com/PATCH.gif

Default Re: Making a crest(patch)

Which drawing program do you intend on creating it in. Xara can do this "crest" in about 30 minutes... if you know nothing of the program. 6 minutes if you have a bit of experience.

Folks here will help you learn how to use a program, but they will not draw it for you, not without some monetary compensation that is...
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

AHHH! i see.. i have xara xtreme-pro

I'm willing to try anyway to get it done.it is going to endup a giant embroidery patch when finished.

Mike

OK...i gave it a try, but please tell me how it looks, to me it looks funny,,not smooth to the lines or something...

http://www.dirtydaddyclothing.com/PATCHCREST.gif

The gap on the left opposite the SA looks a little wierd. I would possibly duplicate the SA on the other side - or just a square with a small version of the "db" logo in it.

Also, if this is going to be embroidered at a large size, the spacing is off a little, and some of the lines don't line up correctly. When this is magnified to the final size, it may be quite obvious. Then it's too late.

Generally looks good, but needs a little tidying up.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Yes what you see is what i see.it's just not quite in line properly.looks off ..

so is this the trick question where i ask how much $ to fix it crisp and clean for me

PS: it's a "dd" for dirty daddy not "db"

Post the .xar and I will see if I can tweak it a bit for you.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Your going to laugh at how i tryed this ...it was my last option .
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by dirty daddy View Post
    PS: it's a "dd" for dirty daddy not "db"
    Yes, I know, That's why I put it in quotes, to try and match the logo.

P.S. You wouldn't want me to try and fix it, you probably did a better job than I could!
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty daddy View Post
    ...not smooth to the lines or something...
    Do you know about fitting texts to curves? It's at the bottom of the 'Arrange' menu. Create the text and a curve to fit it to, then select both of them and use that command. Then you can use the baseline shift and tracking boxes in the text tool, to move the text off the line, and decrease spacing between letters.
    Attached Files Attached Files