Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Smile Magix Xtreme limitations?

I've searched Talkgraphics, but can't really find a definitive answer to my question.

So here it goes: can someone confirm from first hand experience that Magix Xtreme has the same functionality as Xara Xtreme 3.2 (not pro of course) and there are no limitations whatsoever?

Default Re: Magix Xtreme limitations?

Magix software product range information is available from their UK website.

They appear to be bolting together XaraXtreme and their Magix photo software into a hybrid application they call Xtreme Photo & Graphic Designer.

I could be wrong, but I'd consider XaraXtremePro to be the best all 'round choice currently. I'd be curious to test XP&GD - but as they offer no trial it's not possible, at least for the moment.

You'll probably have more luck getting answers from Magix users by visiting their own support forum rather that here, however there's a catch - you need to be a registered user of their software in the first place.

@henkwww: Not sure, about the differences between the Magix product and Xara Xtreme. Xara should describe the differences on their homepage.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    You'll probably have more luck getting answers from Magix users by visiting their own support forum rather that here, however there's a catch - you need to be a registered user of their software in the first place.
    You don't need to register, you can click the "Forum betreten" button. Unfortunately you'll find no more infos about Magix Xtreme Foto & Grafik Designer at the Magix forum. There are only two threads about Xtreme available. (btw: As far as I see it's also a forum powered by Magix users, not from Magix employees.)

Remi

Thank you for the replies!

Since I'm using Xara almost exclusively for web design, I don't have that much use for the pro version.

I just ordered Magix Xtreme in Dutch for EUR 54 including VAT and delivery. If it's really a rebranded Xara Xtreme, it'd be a real bargain.

I'll report back with my findings...

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    Not sure, about the differences between the Magix product and Xara Xtreme. Xara should describe the differences on their homepage.
    Xara (UK) have nothing that I can see to describe any differences, they do however have links to the German Version of XaraXtremePro and I'm not referring to Magix badged Xtreme Photo & Graphic Designer - I'm referring to XXP German version as sold for € 349,99 - a big difference in price and as henkwww states "If it's really a rebranded Xara Xtreme, it'd be a real bargain. (EUR 54 including VAT and delivery)"
    Not knowing German I can't read the text, but the site has similar layout and graphics to the UK version, if that's anything to go by?

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    You don't need to register, you can click the "Forum betreten" button. Unfortunately you'll find no more infos about Magix Xtreme Foto & Grafik Designer at the Magix forum. There are only two threads about Xtreme available. (btw: As far as I see it's also a forum powered by Magix users, not from Magix employees.)
    Remi, the UK version of the MAGIX support page found HERE clearly states: "Only registered users will have access to the downloads, tutorials and the forum of the MAGIX support site." I think I posted the wrong link before which resolved to the German language site.
    However you're right that clicking the Enter The Forum button does give you access to at least read posts, I didn't bother clicking when I last looked.

This is a general forum for users to discuss all MAGIX software with subforums for a particular application, however I could find no subforum listed to specifically discuss Xtreme or any current threads menioning Xtreme (UK version of the site).
    So yes please henkwww, I welcome your report - please let us know your findings

There is a trial version of Magix Xtreme Foto & Grafik Designer available, but only a german version (as far as I see).

Remi

.....makes sense

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

I just downloaded the trial version and I can confirm that if your computer is setup for English, everything displays in English. Also, I can confirm that the trial contains a full (with some things disabled) version of Xara Xtreme. The one thing that I found that didn't work were the live effects. So if you are looking for a cheep version of Xtreme this would seem to be it.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Unhappy Re: Magix Xtreme limitations?

Great find!

Magix removed CMYK, but more importantly, I'm missing the Profile button for fill, transparency, feather, shadow.

I used that function frequently, so I think I'll have to cancel my order and get the regular Xara Xtreme.

I was reasonably curious until the download manager reported trial_fotografikdesigner_de.exe to be a 157.8mb file.. With features pruned away as reported by henkwww, why the extra megabytes me wonders?
    Welcome to the bloat boat ?

Comparison:
    XaraXtreme 3.2 - 46.5MB dl
    XaraXtremePro - 49.6MB dl