Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just for fun

Default Just for fun

Just for fun, can anyone guess what this is? I leave it for a while before revealing the answer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jpg.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	44830  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Just for fun

It's a car that drove over a land mine. (Remote controlled, of course--wouldn't want anyone to get hurt.)

It's either the front of a messy eater's shirt
    or the winner of The Turner Prize. (or both!)
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Some type of heavy equipment that runs on metal treads. Maybe a bulldozer.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Car transporter.

Hi everybody, Bill was almost spot on. I just took a photo into Vector Magic an vectorised it. I was impressed so I thought I run it through Flash. The final image is the original photo but the rest is all vector.

There's over 200 shapes to tween so it's not the type of thing you could easily do in XXP.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 30 January 2008 at 05:52 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here's the vector Vector Magic created.

Name:	gif.gif 
Views:	187 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	44841  
    Egg

Egg,

Did you explode it by hand (to position the elements in the first frame) or do you have some nifty script?

Paul

For comparison, here's the output of Xara's bitmap tracer. 9,774 shapes. The seat area and tracks are noticeably more accurate in the Xara version, but there is some weird artifact between the tracks. (10 passes used, ...) The Xara file is 364 KB.

Name:	Example.png 
Views:	184 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	44847  

Paul,

There was just over 200 pieces in the Vector. In Flash I did a "Distrubute to Layers" which places every object on it's own layer (which it has to be if you require a tween, then I just moved each shape off screen. It was a bit boring but quite quick. Just dealing with 200+ layers is a PIA.

David,

I have to agree that XXP does a far "better" vector trace than any other program of experienced on photographic images. However 10,000 shapes can't really be manipulated and the resultant vector file is far larger than the original bitmap. Even with 200 from Vector Magic the file size was twice the original jpg size. So unless you want to create an image at a very large size and want it vector, I believe there's no real practicle use for XXP's bitmap tracer.
    Egg