Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Disabled Designers Using Xtreme

Hello Tom,

Just adding my welcome to the forums.

Xara Xtreme has many ways of doing almost anything you may want to do. As Keith said "Any question just ask". If one way to do it is not supported in the adaptive software we can offer other possibilities.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Tom nice to hear from you and like everyone else I applaud your determination.

Was reading an article in PC Pro which is a UK publication and it was stating the BT (British Telecom) are producing a new controller that you might be able to use with little modification. It is called BT Balance and it is something like the Nintendo's Wii controller but it is very much aimed at people who have no physical body or arm movement and the controller detects the very slightest movement which moves your cursor around the screen. You might want to do a google on it to see when it is being released and as your profile doesn't state what country you live in it may not be available for some time.

Post some of your drawings in the gallery I am sure you will get a great response and many questions on how you achieve your results.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Great! How do I export a drawing without the drawing surface? Also, I have created a website for my drawings at http://tnelson.us. I would welcome your comments. Thanks in advance. Tom

Tom, you have a lot more energy and imagination that a lot of "abled" people I know. You have a very good website with inspiring links for everyone, not just the disabled. You've posted some good stuff, and then, out of the blue we get "My Missing Neuron". Astonishingly good, by any standards.
    Keep it coming, Tom and please let us know when the website gets updated with some more interesting stuff.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Hi Tom

Just visited your site - really good .... your "missing neuron" pic is smashing

I'm a newbie to Xara (and graphics as a whole) myself and TG is a wonderful place to learn - in fact it's a wonderful place to just visit! I've been doodling a lot with the stellar quick-shapes tool as well: it makes some wonderful psychedaelic designs - and useful for creating fills as well - the only problem I have with it sometimes is remembering which actions produced which design!

I'm sure you'll fill that portfolio page pretty quick

Not sure what you mean about the drawing surface so I'll leave that to someone who will know.

John

PS for Bob - I'm not following you around .... it just seems that way
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 12 January 2008 at 08:22 PM.

Hi Tom

if you mean how to export without getting a white background - with gif you need to make sure the transparency button is selected - with png you have the option of alpha channel transparency - jpg does not support transparency.

Hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exdiag.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	44337  
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Tom,

Just visited your site. Very well done.

Just as an aside ......... I would change your e-mail address to the format XXXXXX[at]XXXXXXX[dot]XX and let the viewers change it as they write the e-mail. If you leave it in the standard format, the web spiders will pick it up, and you'll get more of the dreaded spam than you can cope with.
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 13 January 2008 at 01:17 AM. Reason: e-mail address changed
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hi Tom I'm new here as well and 100% disabled. My disability stems from pneumonia having scarred my lungs severly leaving me with 38% total lung capacity.
    I'm a former Paramedic/Respiratory Therapist and am hooked on graphics programs.
    I have to say I admire your courage! Building a web site and doing online lessons to learn Xara is something I aspire to do also.
    I had an earlier version "Corel Xara" Version 1.0 and did some of Gary's lessons and Gary was also kind enough to give me some advice.
    So I am confident that you and I have found the right place to learn Xara.
    I wish you all the best in learning here I can see after reading around the forums that there is a wealth of information to be had.

Regards, Howie

I can't thank all of you enough for the kind words. I wish I could take credit for My Missing Neuron, but that was done from a tutorial by Gary Priestly (see Xaraxone December tutorials ) and is merely a shadow of his stunning original. I will go back and document that correctly.

Steve J, the information and screen shots were exactly what I needed. Thank you.

Keith, I'm sure that was good advice about the email, but I have no idea what it means; a little help please.

Tom

Tom, what Keith means is that if your email address were tomtomthepipersson@google.com
    it would be better to show it on the forum as "tomtomthepipersson at google dot com" or
    "tom no spam at google dot com" so that the address cannot be automatically read and stored by the dreaded web spiders used by spammers. Those who need to contact you would know to alter it to the correct format
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 13 January 2008 at 07:22 AM.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.