Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet with Xara

Hi!
    I'm thinking of maybe getting the Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet,
    and I wanted to know:
    1. Is it worth buying the tablet- is it good and useful?
    2. Does Xara support it's pressure sensitivity and eraser?
    3. Can anyone give me advice on using a graphics tablet with Xara?
    Thanks

Default Re: Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet with Xara

There was a recent thread about Tablets and Xara here

The Bamboo range is fairly new, though I have heard good reports about them I don't actually have any direct experience with this model.

Yes have a look at Steve's link you will get wildly differing opinions. We got a batch at work and yes I found the pen better than the old Grapphire that I use at home but it is not as good as the more expensive models. The biggest drawback is the connection via the USB port it really does restrict you. You can't like a piece of paper turn it around to draw lines with ease although the Bamboo is better than others. My advice would be to try a friend and see how you get on it might work out better if you spent your money on something else. Try before you buy.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    but it is not as good as the more expensive models.
    I really would not expect it to be as good a s my Intuos 3 or a Cintiq. The Bamboo is meant as a lowcost tablet to replace the old Graphire; both for features and price range.

The biggest drawback is the connection via the USB port it really does restrict you. You can't like a piece of paper turn it around to draw lines with ease although the Bamboo is better than others.
    Ok, here's where you got me confused. :-)

Why is the usb connection a drawback? Isn't it the same as the Graphire and Intuos usb connection; or did they do something weird to it? Or do you just mean that the usb connection interfers with turning the tablet like a piece of paper?

Most graphics programs have a hotkey and let you rotate your paper/canvas.
    I know ArtRage, Corel Painter and Photoshop do this. This function should be in the software, not the hardware IMO.

I have seen nothing but rave reviews on the Bamboo's.... I think the best way to decide is to just get one, and try it.... if it does not satisfy, bring it on back
    If you do, we would certainly love to see some info on your trial of it
    I have commented at two different stores in my area, that they should have such items on display for shoppers to try and they a;lways shoot the idea down?? I think it would only promote better sales if people could try them in the store to see how they work....
    Last edited by geminiguy; 31 December 2007 at 05:03 PM.

Paul... I do not think a tablet would handle it. The stylus would be gone before the end of the day, if the thing wasn't overstressed by then. They also cost a touch more than a mouse.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook