Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Import multipage PDF into Xara Xtreme 3.2

Is there any way to control which page should be read into Xara Xtreme 3.2 (not Pro) from multipage PDF document? It seems that in 3.2 it reads only the first page.

Thanks, Brano.

Default Re: Import multipage PDF into Xara Xtreme 3.2

If you use the "insert" part instead of "merge" it will import the whole document and then you can get rid of unwanted pages but this only works with some PDF's. In some ways that is better than Illy as you can only import one page at a times then you have to rename the document that you just opened to import another page. Conversely you may only need to open one page and you have the choice in Illy, it's swings & roundabouts!
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thank you. Hmmm, I can't find either "insert" or "merge" in Xara. Before I used "Import ..." and Drag&Drop and it read in only one/first page of the document. I tried now "Open ..." PDF directly and it read in all pages of the document into "kind-of" multi-page XAR document. Basically what I've been interested about. Is this what you meant by "insert"?

Thank you. Brano.

I cheat.

If I want say, Page 9 of a 30 page PDF, then I open it with Adobe Reader, view Page 9 then Print (to PDF) using my installed PDF Creator printer driver making sure I just choose to print current page.

That way I have just the page I want to import into Xara..

I'm using XX 2.og and i thought that this quirk would have been fixed in the newer versions. Is that really the easiest thing to do? It still seems like too much of a hassle. Isn't there a registry setting you could change or something? Thanks in advance.

nasgue,

When I Import a pdf into XXP this is the dialogue box that opens and the one Albacore is referring to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gif.gif 
Views:	269 
Size:	3.6 KB 
ID:	44562  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I do the same as Steve [sledger]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    nasgue,

When I Import a pdf into XXP this is the dialogue box that opens and the one Albacore is referring to.
    If you drop the PDF file from a file explorer onto the Xara application title bar at the top instead of onto the document, it imports as its own xar file and you don't get the merge/insert dialogue.

Very good Xhris - would never have thought of dropping a PDF onto the Title bar.
    This imports a multi page PDF to a multi-page XAR. Thanks for the tip

me too - thats a time saver
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...