Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default line colour when drawing

hi all,

this probably seems stupid but i cannot select a different colour/color to draw with, i can only draw in black regardless of which color i select before drawing anything. ( select freehand tool,create brush,colour, ect)

i followed every tutorial and nothing works, do i have a software problem, or am i doing something wrong ?

i am new to xtreme and any suggestions would be much appreciated

thanks

jamie

Default Re: line colour when drawing

Hi

Left mouse click on color bar selects fill color - right mouse click selects line color - depending on version of xara and how it is setup you may or may not get a pop-up menu.

What happens depends on whether you have any objects selected - if you do then the color will be applied to the selected objects, but not the drawing line.

To apply the color to the drawing line you need to make sure no objects are selected [press esc] and then right click - you should get a dialog box with choices set cancel quiet help - choose set and the color will now be the default attribute for line and you should be able to draw with it.

This works with shape editor tool, and pen tool. It also works with the freehand drawing tool as long as you are using 'normal line'.
    The pre-made and custom brushes cannot be given a new color upfront in xara.

Hope this helps.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

The default setting for right clicking on a color has been changed to a popup menu. Most of the old timers like to have right clicking on a color to set the line color. All you need to do is set the option to set line color on the options menu...

Utilites=>options (CNTRL-SHift-O) and then on the view tab set the right click on color to set line color.... see attached graphic...

Dang... Steve got in before I did... But He did tell you how to set the default...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	set line color.gif 
Views:	192 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	43798  
    Last edited by raynerj1; 19 December 2007 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Steve beat me to it.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

awesome guys thanks so much for that,

jamie