Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Line Characteristic Reset

Hi all, - I have a file that I'm working on that mysteriously has a line characteristic that I can't change. Everytime I create a line, it blurs the line to 2.3 pix. I've never encountered this before, and I didn't know that we could set lines to have a feather region effect.
    Well,the way that I set characteristics like line width and color etc. is to just make sure nothing in the project is selected and then I setup everthing the way I want it to be. Well, when I do this the feather region slider is not operational in this setting until an actual line is created. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Steps

Default Re: Line Characteristic Reset

can you post a file with the problem? it would be easier if we can see and manipulate the objects.
    Glenn

just a thought - do you have give new objects most recent attributes checked in utilities/options/general tab?
    if you do then any feathering that you have created will be carried over to new objects - and so will all the other attributes of course
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Steps,

see also this thread for a solution/workaround (it should be solved in the last version)

Regards,
    Remi

Hi, the settings are not checked for give new objects current attributes. I did read the past thread. This should help in dealing with the feathering. The only thing is that this is going to be a mega project. I've tried copying and pasting it into a new file. But it imports these settings. So what I think I'm going to do is to just start the project over. I've only been working on it for an hour. I closed out Xara and it goes back to the original settings. Thanks,
    Steps

Good luck - hope it work out - sometimes starting over is the best option if it cures the problem
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...