Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Line Characteristic Reset

Hi all, - I have a file that I'm working on that mysteriously has a line characteristic that I can't change. Everytime I create a line, it blurs the line to 2.3 pix. I've never encountered this before, and I didn't know that we could set lines to have a feather region effect.
    Well,the way that I set characteristics like line width and color etc. is to just make sure nothing in the project is selected and then I setup everthing the way I want it to be. Well, when I do this the feather region slider is not operational in this setting until an actual line is created. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Steps

Default Re: Line Characteristic Reset

can you post a file with the problem? it would be easier if we can see and manipulate the objects.
    Glenn

just a thought - do you have give new objects most recent attributes checked in utilities/options/general tab?
    if you do then any feathering that you have created will be carried over to new objects - and so will all the other attributes of course
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Steps,

see also this thread for a solution/workaround (it should be solved in the last version)

Regards,
    Remi

Hi, the settings are not checked for give new objects current attributes. I did read the past thread. This should help in dealing with the feathering. The only thing is that this is going to be a mega project. I've tried copying and pasting it into a new file. But it imports these settings. So what I think I'm going to do is to just start the project over. I've only been working on it for an hour. I closed out Xara and it goes back to the original settings. Thanks,
    Steps

Good luck - hope it work out - sometimes starting over is the best option if it cures the problem
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hey, I exported my work from this file as a .pdf into a new file and it work! The line feather tool is set to default settings. So I didn't lose my hour of work. The reason how this got started was because I started with an old file that I just cleared out and thought that would save some time. It must have had this corruption in its settings. Oh well, maybe that will get fixed on the next version. Thanks for your help.

good news - glad to hear it
    Nothing lasts forever...