Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Printing white

Default Printing white

I have an 8-color Epson printer that includes white. In corel draw I can select the color white (Corel White) from a small userink.cpl palette. Doing so accesses the printer's white. RGB white will not access the printer's white. Is there a palette in Xara that can select a white ink in a similar manner?

Thanks.

Dan

Default Re: Printing white

Have you tried the HSV or CMYK models? (See color editor and also THIS THREAD)

Also there are a number of installed Pantone palletes available in the Color Gallery that may help..

White is generally a not printed color unless you are printing spot colors. White is usually the white of the paper.

Gary

Large format digital inkjet printers are now including 'White Ink' for process colour printing Gary. LF Printers are able to print on a wide variety of subtrates, as well as coloured papers and translucent vinyls which need white inks too.

Might be a while before we see white ink on the home inkjet printer, but as citywolf say's they have an 8-color Epson printer that includes white, it's sooner than I thought...

Example
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 05 December 2007 at 12:31 AM.

There's always Tipp-ex..

Thanks for the insight. I will continue with CD. Hopefully Xara will incorporate an 8+ -ink system aware of white.